Tuesday, December 19, 2023

No more jump scares

 

Getting dirty

No more jump scares

December 4, 2023

Don't worry, I have no concerning jokes that could be misinterpreted in this email. All my concerning jokes will be quite clear from now on *salute emoji*


Last Monday was Sister Felicia Maughan's 21st bday! 🎊🎉🥳🥳🥳🎊🥳 We went to the Yuba zone pday (it's about 15 minutes away) so I could celebrate and so Sister Poteki could play pickleball. It was very fun. We had a good time eating snacks and drinking Martinellis 😎

Tuesday we went to the New Testament class our ward gives. It was very fun! It was a bit like watching a reality TV show, with everyone somehow managing to get their political beliefs to tie in to the scriptures we were reading. That pretty much sums up Gridley CA!

Then we did some yard work for one of our members. It felt so good to help her out! She is such a queen. And the Elders helped which is good because it would have taken us wayyyyyyyy longer if they hadn't come.

We had a pass-off lesson with the Spanish elders. We were just going to run in and then go to dinner, but they were making that poor lady so uncomfortable we couldn't leave her 😱 We walk in and one of them is just standing at the door like an enforcer blocking the way out. Men really are clueless about intimidating body language. But we ended up having a good talk with Susan, and we (sans elders) will be going back on Tuesday! 

Wednesday was our typical meetings together. I was characteristically grumpy after that. 

Our dinner had this little British bulldog that would make this snort/purr/growl noise when it was excited. His name is Gus and if he likes you, he'll sit on your feet (just like my dog Dandy!) 10/10 would die for Gus.

Thursday we had exchanges! More Spanish work for me! We had an appointment with a member who is on the spectrum, and he might be the sweetest person I've ever met in my life. We played 2 rounds of Sorry and shared a scripture. It was fun! I won the second game 😎

Friday we had interviews with President and Sister Basha 🥳🎉🎉🥳 I love them 😍 We had a good time, and then they took all of us Sisters out to lunch. Best mission Presidents ever ❤️❤️

Then we went to Walmart to get my prescription. I pull up, ready to pay my $10 fee. The lady finds my info and says, "that'll be $168" 🙂😐😶*fading emojis*  But luckily I got it figured out and didn't have to pay that much money. So I have my drugs and I only cried twice *overwhelmed, melting face emoji*

Saturday we had another service, we got to rake bark and plant trees. 10/10 would do again. 

It was also our ward Christmas party. The primary put on a really cool "shadow Nativity" and it was a good time.

Sunday was lots of meetings for me and it was Fast Sunday, so I don't have to tell you how that went down.

And that was my week! Hopefully yours was a bit less eventful 😁

Spiritual Thought:
"If we focus on the joy that will come to us, or to those we love, what can we endure that presently seems overwhelming, painful, scary, unfair, or simply impossible?"
-President Russell M Nelson 

Never forget what you are doing this for. Hard things come to everyone, we don't get to change that. But we do get to decide how we use those hard things!

Have an epic week!

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 


Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843

Pictures:
1) Sister Maughan's birthday 🤩
2) I've been a missionary for 420 days! (Photo creds: Sister Maughan)
3&4) getting dirty 😏

Sister Maughan's birthday




Getting dirty

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon