Sunday, March 31, 2024

It's 'cause he's a Pisces, it's ok

 

With new companion - Sister Rowe


It's 'cause he's a Pisces, it's ok

February 12, 2024

Note from Mom: The title of this week's email is a random thing that Sister Rowe said. Aysha was bemoaning the pompous attitude of her AP, and Sister Rowe said, "It's because he's a Pisces. It's okay."


On Monday I was planning to make cinnamon rolls, and so I ran into a series of events that went something like this: Fortunately, I remembered to bring most of the supplies I needed, and so did Sister Maughan (we're in the same zone now). Unfortunately, I got to the church and realized I had no eggs. Fortunately Sister Maughan still had to go shopping, so she grabbed some eggs for me. Unfortunately, we also forgot yeast. So I gave up on cinnamon rolls. And went and moped. But I resolved to make them at home and share some with the zone on Wednesday. 

Then at dinner, we had ice cream for dessert. The lady said "how much do you want?" And I said "just a scoop." She looked at me, looked at the ice cream and then proceeded to give me three scoops 💀 That was a lot of ice cream to eat after a full meal 😶

Tuesday we had a couple of visits and an awesome lesson with our friends who are getting baptized this month! They're super cool 😎 I also got to make cinnamon rolls, so that was good.

Wednesday was our many meetings, and I shared my cinnamon rolls with everyone so that I wouldn't end up eating all 24 (which I absolutely could do). When we eventually made it back home I was super tired, so I went to take a 20 min nap. But as soon as I lay down, the Spirit said "get up and go find!" *salute emoji* So we got all our things together and went to find for 30 minutes in the cold and wet. I thought we'd go to this bike trail not too far from our house (even though it was cold and wet and no one was outside). But on the way there, we passed a sidewalk and the Spirit said "turn." okay. Then we realized we didn't know what we were doing over there. So we thought for a minute and decided we might as well knock a couple doors. The first door said no, the second house pulled out of the driveway as soon as we go there (awkward), So we just left an invite on their door. And then a delivery guy pulled up with a package 😵‍💫 Very awkward. But we said "hey do you have a minute to talk" He said "no" but we asked if we could give him our number & he said yes. Then he told us that he has a Book of Mormon! So we gave him our number and then went back home. BUT HE ACTUALLY TEXTED US!!!! That literally never happens. If we don't get their number, we usually never hear from them again.

We went with Malila and Addy to the Feather River Temple on Thursday. We walked around the grounds, and we were able to have a lesson with them in the waiting room. It was awesome 😊 Addy (she's 8) said, "I love the temple!!!" So that was fun 

Friday we had exchanges. I was with Sister Sumsion in her area. We did a bunch of knocking with no success, and then we started talking to this guy walking his dog. We basically taught him the whole first lesson right there on the street! Very cool interaction! I also got to go back to the house with the very cuddly cat, and she stayed in my lap the whole time again. Apparently she will do anything to be pet, and she lucked out because I'm a sucker for petting animals.

Saturday I drank sooooo much water bc I'm bad at math and I thought I needed to drink 3-4 32oz glasses a day, but actually I only needed 2-3..... so I was just ultra hydrated 💪😤 We were able to do a lot of the planning for the baptism, which was nice :)

Then we went street contacting because it was a beautiful, sunny Saturday. Sure enough, there were lots of people out! And we talked to all of them. And they were all annoyed about it. People can be very, very rude to missionaries. (If that's you, stop it!) It was pretty discouraging, so after an hour and a half of getting rejected, we went and bought ourselves some ice cream.  It was on sale, so I took that to mean that God also thought we deserved a little treat.

Sunday we had a mission-wide fast (yup I fasted 2 Sundays in a row, won't be doing that again). Part of the reason was that our mission is not finding anyone to teach. (What?!? None of these rude, grumpy people want the missionaries in their homes???) But the other part is that they didn't want missionaries to bum it at member's houses and watch the Superbowl. So we were very hungry. About 45 minutes before dinner, Sister Rowe and I felt our brains turn off and refuse to function, so we lay comatose on the floor and listened to one of her new missionary podcasts. And then blissfully we had dinner. They had funeral potatoes *happy tears emoji* I love potatoes 

And that was my week!

Love you all, have fun!

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 

Addresses:
House - 117A Cactus Ct, Roseville, CA 95747
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843

Pictures 
1)Sister Rowe and I (see Mom I took some pictures with her)
2)Sister Rowe and I in front of the temple
3)playing schoolyard games with Addy on temple grounds
4)walk awayyayay
5&6) floor time

Sister Entrikin and Sister Rowe in front of the temple

Playing schoolyard games with Addy on the temple grounds

Walk Awayyayay

Floor time

More floor time

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon