Why does it feel like summer
January 29, 2024
Hey everybody!
Monday was once again super boring ๐ด
Tuesday we walked up this crazy steep walking path to get to a park. We were out of breath. But we talked to one guy at the park! We also were filmed for a video on our Facebook page and that was fun. Originally they were just going to film Sister Maughan, but then they blindsided me into helping as well. I'm just too famous ๐คง ๐คช here's the vid: https://fb.watch/pTu_d1nYvz/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Wednesday was soooooooooooooo busy. We couldn't believe we survived it. We had our normal Wednesday meeting. Then we had a lesson with someone we haven't met, Shaundra; she's super nice! She has an awesome testimony. Then it was immediately to our dinner. They had three cute little kids. One of them, a three year old, was growling at us, and I discovered that he was, in fact, a T-Rex ๐ฑ very scary; It was a fun dinner. Then we went immediately to another lesson which was with James, the salty 9 year old. Also very fun; he is still a rascal. Then we went to a meeting with our ward missionaries and that went until 9:30 [fading emojis] We slept sooooo good that night.
Thursday we had Zone conference. Sister Maughan and I brought snacks ๐ All of the sudden everyone wanted to be our friends. But we only shared with our favorites (mostly) And I didn't share any of our pretzels--those are precious! Our mission finally got new cars, and we watched the APs give them to people who already had cars?!? So much for their word being their bond ๐ You can't trust anyone these days.
Friday I went on exchanges with Sister Rowe. This girl is an icon and a half. She's so cool!! This is her first transfer, and she's awesome! We had such a good time! I rode this bike that was 100% made for a child (good thing I'm short) and we talked to so many people! I've never talked to that many people in one day my whole mission!! It was awesome! Less awesome was all the mosquitoes that were also out in force. Can confirm I still have delicious blood. I also have 6 new bug bites ๐ It's hard to be so in demand.
We had a lesson with the sweetest guy ever! He was so nice! And his testimony is so strong; it's practically shining out of him! I'm so glad I got the chance to meet him.
Saturday....... dunh dunh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It started off pretty normal. Made some bomb chicken noodle soup for lunch, walked to the church, etc. Then we had a lesson with some people we haven't met before, the Millers. The notes said "set clear boundaries about what you'll be teaching or it could turn into a bashing session" ๐ Little bit of foreshadowing for ya.
So we just came with the expectation that they would tell us they weren't interested and then we would go on our merry way. Instead what happened is I lost and hour and a half of my life that I can never get back. We had a good discussion about their religious background, and then Mr Miller said, "I should warn you, I have a bible degree" and it all went downhill from there. We had an absolutely ludicrous conversation about priesthood and baptism. Mrs. Miller just kept saying "Jesus was baptized by John" as if that fact somehow would miraculously blow our minds ๐ณ ๐ฒ I hate talking to bashers because they treat you like you're stupid while simultaneously proving to you their incredible lack of intelligence and critical thinking.
And they just. Kept. Talking. Every time I tried to steer the conversation they always just came back to "you should read the Bible" and "Jesus was baptized" Finally I said, "There is no point to this conversation because you don't want to convert to our religion and we don't want to convert to yours" And Mr. Miller STILL argued with me! "Why wont you convert?" As if I was the stubborn one who refused to believe in a RELIGION about FAITH and the feelings of your HEART because "I know so much about the Bible, how could I possibly need to learn more from God?" So I testified of the church (felt the Spirit super strong) and then told them that our purpose to bring people to Christ would be much better spent elsewhere with people who don't have a knowledge of Christ.
And let me tell you, Mrs. Miller had me dead on the floor when she said, "You're the first missionary to say that. I am surprised every time the missionaries come back because of that very reason" MADAM you can't just admit to my face you're wasting my time and then ask me to come back!! Which they did... they had the audacity to ask us to come back. No. We marked them as "do not contact" so they can not waste any other missionary's time either.
Sister Maughan and I were so frustrated! We ranted about that stupid interaction the entire half hour walk back to the church. And we stopped at Starbucks to get ourselves a little treat. Nothing like warm bread and a fun drink to heal the soul.
Mr. Miller told us he likes to give all the missionaries "something to think about" And he certainly succeeded! I've been thinking about that interaction for the last 3 days. And I am so, so grateful to have the full knowledge of God's plan. No shade to them, but their limited view is, honestly, super boring and confusing. I'm surprised they don't have more questions. I personally think it would be pretty boring to believe my only stop after this life is sitting on a cloud somewhere doing nothing but singing praises to God forever. I have a hard enough time sitting still as it is!! Not that praising God is bad, just feel like I would like to do a bit more than that with eternity.
Yesterday was so beautiful ๐ It was sunny and warm and it felt like summer! Are we sure it's January ๐ค๐คจ Weirdest January of my life. But it was nice to get some sunshine ☀️
Spiritual Thought:
I really like learning things. I'll admit it: I like feeling smart. But I was reminded of an important lesson this week: all the knowledge in the whole world will do me no good if I'm not open to new perspectives and more knowledge. So this week, learn something new about something that you don't understand, or learn from someone with a different background than you! Here's a verse of warning to seal the deal:
Isaiah 29:14
"Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."
Anyways, stay safe out there y'all, and I'll talk to ya next week
Love Sister Aysha May Entrikin ❤️
Addresses:
House - 2013 Meridian Way, Rocklin, CA 95765
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
Pictures:
1) getting pizza on pday so we don't have to be at the church
2) Giant hill we walked up
3) remembering how to play the top hand of "Hope of Israel" call me Mozart ๐
4) accidentally locked us out of the church, but managed to get back in bc God loves us *waving through a windowwwww ๐ต๐ต*
5) zone conference!! Ft Sister Nickerson ๐๐
6) being so, so tired at the end of the day ft my favorite flannel
7) we just got bashed but at least we have treats now
8) biking in the pretty summer *checks notes* uhhh January sunshine
![]() |
| Pizza on P-day |
![]() |
| Giant hill |
![]() |
| Mozart |
![]() |
| Waving through a window |
![]() |
| Zone Conference |
![]() |
| So, so tired |
![]() |
| Treats after bashers |








No comments:
Post a Comment