![]() |
| Sister Entrikin and Sister Maughan with hanging towels because the dryer broke |
We're Getting the Band Back Together!
December 18, 2023
So it was transfers this week! And my companion, Sister Poteki went home! ππ₯³ So it was a lot of packing and running around like crazy and exchanges. So let's hop into it!
On Monday we found out that at least one Elder in each apartment in our zone has covid π. So we didn't end up doing anything with them, haha π
But we still had fun because we went shopping π€ I didn't buy anything, but it was fun!
Tuesday we had exchanges, my companion packed while I went to the YSA area. I've never been so tired! Sister McCombs is awesome, but they don't stop! Wow! It was rather impressive honestly.
Wednesday we got transfer news π I'm going to Rocklin again! (In different wards than last time) With SISTER FELICIA MAUGHAN ππ€©πππ₯³ Awwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhh. We were just too epic together; they couldn't keep us apart for long ππ
After we found that out, we did lots of packing. I hate packing π€
Thursday Sister Poteki left π₯ So I was companions with a sister whose companion also went home that day. She was very sweet. I mostly just ran around the house getting stuff together, and then I took a 3 hour nap because I was exhausted from all my running around. I know everyone says that shorter naps make you feel more rested, but I think they're just hiding the fact that 3 hour naps are superior. If you don't believe me, just try it for yourself. You can thank me later π
After I woke up, I did more running around. We had our last basketball game. After I said hi to everyone, I dipped so I could continue running around like a chicken with my head cut off π
Friday morning came, and I realized I hadn't said goodbye to some of my favorite people!! So we went over to the Hamblins, and I said bye to Bill who is the only chihuahua I will ever love. Haha! I also went to say bye to Brother and Sister Hamblin because they're amazing π€©
Then I shoved all my belongings into the car, and we were off to the mission office. We were there forever π΅π« But finally we had all our belongings in the right place, and we were driven off to our new apartment. Why were we driven and not driving? Despite being told otherwise, we don't have a car π Hip, hip, hooray for biking in the hills of Rocklin π₯³
But we also don't have bikes yet because (as mentioned earlier) we were told we would have a car. So we are just on our four collective little feet. Yayyyyyyyy
We also had a ward Christmas party Friday night. When it rains it pours. Luckily we got a ride there. Unluckily, we were there for 3 hours, and our Bishop kept bullying us. Really living up to his name (it's Pettey)
Saturday was fun. I cleaned our fridge so it would no longer fumigate our apartment every time we open it π That took a minute. We threw out 2 full bags of trash on our initial sweep of the apartment. Blechh. Speaking of blech, we also cleaned our tub, so we wouldn't be afraid to use the shower π₯³ This apartment is kind of gross, in case you couldn't tell, but I guess that just means I'm using all my mad skills again.
We also walked to Starbucks and said hi to two whole people. Then we went shopping because we have no food. Now we have food π And a mop!
Sunday we got to the church at 8:30. We didn't leave until 5 *overwhelmed, melting emoji* We brought ourselves lunch, and it was actually low-key super awkward because people kept walking in and staring at us π΅ Someone also gave us one and a half cheesecakes. And then we remembered we don't have a car, so they're still at the church.
At our dinner they had this cute labradoodle and it was so soft. Then they were all surprised that she let me pet her because apparently, their dog hates new people and won't let them near her, much less pet her. So I am the all-powerful dog whisperer π
And that's my week!
Love you all!
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
Spiritual Thought:
"Each of us must climb mountains that we have never climbed before."
-James E Faust, "I Believe I Can, I Knew I Could" Oct 2002
We always have to keep doing things we've never done before! If we don't, we'll be stuck in the same old routine and well never be able to look back at all the wonderful things we've accomplished! Don't be afraid to climb mountains!
Addresses:
House - 2121 Sunset Blvd, Apt 2013, Rocklin, CA 95765
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
Pictures:
1) Sis. Maughan and I with our hung up towels because our dryer broke [lead photo]
2) saying bye to the YSA sisters
3) The Hamblins π (Bill is the little black one that has nothing going on behind those eyes)
4&5) This is the PokΓ©mon that Elder Evans assigned to me π§♀️ vampire bug π
6) saying bye to Isaac and Noah (the basketball stars)
7) photoshoot
8) I hit a car! But it's fine. (Aka maybe this is why we're on bikes)
![]() |
| Goodbye to YSA sisters |
![]() |
| Saying goodbye to the Hamblins and Bill |
![]() |
| Pokemon card from Elder Evans |
![]() |
| Vampire Bug |
![]() |
| Saying goodbye to the basketball stars, Isaac and Noah |
![]() |
| Photoshoot |
![]() |
| I hit a car |








No comments:
Post a Comment