Wednesday, November 22, 2023

They're going to write one of those "I Survived..." books in my honor

 

General Authority Seventy visiting CRM


They're going to write one of those "I Survived..." books in my honor

November 20, 2023

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.


I had a meeting almost every day this week. And not little meetings either. We had a general authority seventy touring our mission. For those of you who don't know what the heck that means, It means everyone was stressed and we all had meetings and I do not envy President Basha.

So on Monday, it was such a weird day because it wasn't pday. At 2 o'clock I started out for the first meeting of the week. I did not return until 7. Then I stress organized part of our house.

Tuesday we had our typical district council meetings which actually did not go too bad at all. Except that I did not want to talk about numbers. Missionaries have a tendency to over-focus on silly things. In our little huddle leadership meeting, the Elders tried to make ANOTHER goal about numbers. So instead I told them they should make their goal to actually communicate with each other. They made a couple weak counter-arguments and then changed the subject. Men 🙄 

Wednesday was another big meeting. An hour before, they told us they wanted everyone to be there early. Uhhhhh.. it's a little late for that. Whatever. We took pictures and sat through the long meeting. Then President Basha was all "I want to talk to you" 😳 We're in troubleeeeeee. Then we waited 5ever because he apparently wanted to talk to lots of people. I went last. Which turned out to be a good thing because I cried to him for 40 minutes. Whoops. And then my companion and I went and got Boba. It was pretty lit. And maybe we listened to a couple of country songs. Idk sadness kills my willpower.

Thursday was another big meeting. Left at 8:30, got back at 3. Took a nap because I was straight up dying. Then we had our basketball game! The Elders were rude so now I have to talk to them 🙄😒 But we actually had people show up this time! That was very good.

Friday was our weird "pday, but not pday" thing. I talked to my family for 4 hours instead of spending time with my zone 😌

Saturday we had a service doing yardwork, but it rained! So instead she asked us to set up her Christmas tree. Somewhere God is laughing. I've officially lost the fight for Christmas after Thanksgiving. 

Then we went to the temple with Sister Sartain 🤩<3 and Sister Maughan 😘🥰 That was so good. I haven't been to the Feather River temple since it's been dedicated. It was lovely. She also took us to dinner... and Target 😏 I spent too much money on hair products *don't look emoji* Sister Maughan might actually be turning me into a Target girlie. 

Sunday we had church. And THEN the Gridley stake sprung a surprise meeting on me. Stake MCM, but the Gridley version. Another hour and a half that I didn't need to be there for. But I pretty much spaced out half the time, so it wasn't as painful as last time.

Sister Poteki and I also went knocking for the first time this transfer! We didn't have lots of time because of my meeting (darn it). But we ended off with what every good knocking session has: a super awkward encounter! Yayayaayyay That was enough of that. We got to pet lots of kittens today as well.

So that was my week. Wow. I hope you guys are doing awesome, and I love each and every one of you ❤️ 

Spiritual Thought:
Doctrine and Covenants 130:19
"And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come." 

Don't stop learning! You take it all with you, and it makes you cool 😎 

Love Sister Aysha May Entrikin 

Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843

Pictures:
1) that's a lot of people (lead photo)
2&3) Boba 😋
4) trying on hats in Walmart so we can share the love (lice)
5) someone I don't know who was taught and baptized by missionaries posted this and said it was for all the missionaries out there <3 <3 <3 <3 made me feel happy and seen, so I'm paying it forward 


Boba Happy Drinks

Hats in Walmart

To the Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon