Sunday, November 12, 2023

Bugs in our Fridge

 

Posted by Sister Basha on Facebook


Bugs in our Fridge

November 6, 2023

Hola hola! Yes indeed, it's me again.


Monday we played the donut-on-a-string game with our zone. We had those sugar-coated donuts and it got all over my face and in my nose. Whoops ๐Ÿฉ Then I chose to use my one day of free time to mop the gym floor. It needed to be done, and I needed something to do. 

Tuesday was Halloween!!! Yayyyyyayayayya! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿฆ‡ My traitorous companion sang a Christmas song. This is a rift that may never be mended. We also had pretty epic costumes. We were missionaries.... Elder missionaries!!! We thought we were pretty funny. Our fellow Elders didn't laugh, but not everyone can have a sense of humor ๐Ÿ˜Œ Then we deep cleaned our apartment because we had a curfew of 7. We grinded that bad boy out. I spent the whole 2 hours on the Hermanas bathroom. I once again want to affirm that missionary apartments are frightening places.

Wednesday, and we started off this week's round of meetings. (President Basha, if you're reading this: I'm done being an STL please and thank you) We had a lesson cancel (AKA they didn't show up or answer our texts/calls so we gave up on them) So we decided to start walking. We ran into a couple of girls from our congregation and we walked them home like true gentlemen. Then we had the yummiest soup for dinner ever. It was seriously so delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜ I asked for the recipe, but she hasn't sent it yet ๐Ÿ˜”

Wahoo, Second round of meetings! We were in Chico, so I had Panda Express again. Yummmm. We also had a chaotic conversation about conspiracy theories and deep doctrine (with a bit of false doctrine sprinkled in just for fun) That was epic. We also had an exchange, yay! That went surprisingly well. It was also chaotic, but everything I do is.

Basketball of course came and went. The friends who ghosted us about the lesson readily answered and pulled up for a game of ball. But we were able to get rid of the rest of our Halloween candy, so that's good. I played for a bit until my fight-or-flight kicked in, so I decided that was enough for me.

I honestly have no clue what we did on Friday.

Saturday we had a service where we stood around and pretended to be helpful for 3 hours. Oh well, at least I had an opportunity to encourage one of the Elders to set boundaries with his roommates (PSA: setting boundaries is not mean) 

During our weekly planning session Sister Jenkins and I had an excellent conversation about how we're good work friends, but we wouldn't be friends outside of work. It was actually a very productive conversation, 10/10 would recommend. I'm learning all about relationships as a missionary.

Wow, and that brings us to Sunday! It was Fast Sunday (when for some reason I think it's a good idea to not eat for one of the most stressy days of the week) And of course, right at the beginning (after the first of many meetings) I got a text. Dun, dun, dun. Yup we had a big ol' meeting in Chico that they didn't tell us we needed to be to until 3 hours before. Not only that, we have a big ol' report we have to fill out for this meeting (it was not filled out). So the whole time during Sacrament meeting my brain sounded like this: ahhhbbhhjjhhjhhhhhhhahabbhh&hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (my brain doesn't have to stop to breathe, so it was just constant)

Then I spent an hour filling out that dumb report, and we were off to the meeting. We pull up and we got to sit there looking pretty for an hour and a half. Now I know I'm good at looking pretty, but I also hadn't eaten anything and I don't like meetings and I wanted to die. And that big awful report I spent filling out for an hour? Didn't even look at it. Didn't acknowledge its existence. THEN I asked if we could be told ahead of time when these meetings are going to happen, and the guy said "why do you need to be here anyway?" Ahahhahahaajajajjajajajhhh (that's me totally losing it) Good sir-- you tell me! I don't want to be here! I drove 30 minutes to sit here for you to see that missionaries exist! Don't act like I don't know my presence here is useless!  I DONT MAKE THE RULES. It was hard. I was verrrrrry grumpy. And I still hadn't had any food. 

When we got back to Gridley we had a lesson, then I went to the church and stole more cookies from the primary room. Best cookies ever. 

When we finally had dinner it was so yummy, and I remembered what happiness feels like. Then we spent the rest of the night cleaning out our gross fridge. 

I am seriously convinced I was called on a mission partly to clean up missionary apartments. We threw out so much mold, I can't believe we had room for food in there in the first place! It looks so good now. Also super empty like poor people live here or something. It went from stuffed to almost nothing on the shelves. If you're a missionary, this is a call to repentance: CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE. 

I'm pretty proud of our work. At least I can say I've accomplished something in Gridley.

Anyways, hope yall have an epic week and stay safe out there ๐Ÿ˜Ž


Spiritual Thought:
"We have come here to build up Zion,” Anna promptly reminded him, “not to tear it down.” Saints, Volume 3 pg 570

This is a good reminder for me. We are here to lift each other up. Always add something to everyone you meet. <3


Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843


Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 


Pictures:
1&2) we are men ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ค
3) a real picture of me and my comp on Halloween (I live with a heathen)
4) she was way too smug about the quilt having Christmas fabric ๐Ÿคจ
5) something possessed my Mission President's wife to post this picture of me on the internet.. I will be becoming a hermit when I get home 
6,7,&8) *cue Jaws theme song* ft the epic shirt my bestie got me for my bday ๐Ÿ˜


We are men


Sister Jenkins and Sister Entrikin on Halloween

Christmas quilt

Posted by Sister Basha on Facebook for Halloween



Donut-eating contest and epic shirt






No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon