![]() |
| Snazzy hat |
Poison to my Eye Stomachs
October 30, 2023
So another week has come and gone.
Monday: We carved pumpkins 🎃 it was soooo much fun! I sorta freehanded a bat and I am actually super proud of it 😌 I also gathered about 1.2 metric tons of pumpkin seeds. Not really, but there were a lot. I distinctly remember taking a picture, but it is not to be found, so you'll just have to imagine it *insert image of a full size beach towel covered in a layer of pumpkin seeds so they can dry* It was pretty epic. I made two types: garlic salt and Italian seasoning and cinnamon sugar. Then I remembered that I actually don't like pumpkin seeds all that much. Good thing I have lots of missionaries to give them to.
On Tuesday we went to the library to put up a flyer about our Thursday night basketball games. I love the library 🤩 And I may or may not have perused the used books for sale, but I didn't find anything sadly. What we did find was this super cool guy named Jeff! He was talking to this kind of weird dude who has talked to us outside the library before. The weird guy is a member, but not super practicing, and he weirds us out. But that's besides the point BECAUSE he introduce us to Jeff. Jeff's opening line was "do you guys preach about the end times?" Now sometimes questions like that lead us down paths we don't want to walk, but this time we talked about how God has a plan for us and we'll see our loved ones again. We gave him a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and our number. I would die for Jeff. I really hope he calls us.
Later, we went to our member's house for dinner, and their 3 sons were outside breaking rocks with a two-pound weight, aka having the time of their lives. After dinner (and after they endured our 40 second video and 5 minute message), they showed us all the cool rocks that they broke into pieces. It was pretty awesome and I couldn't stop thinking about my geologist sister who would have known lots more than I did about their scientific discoveries.
Wednesday we had our meetings, and I brought my pumpkin seeds. Those missionaries destroyed the cinnamon sugar ones! One of the Elders alone probably ate half of them all on his own.
We also had a Halloween party which had yummy food and not nearly enough delicious punch (I only got one little cup). I also learned the Monster Mash dance, and remembered why I stopped going to stake dances (I have no talent or coordination when it comes to dancing) But I think we did a great job of entertaining all the older ladies who chose not to join us.
Thursday I had more meetings, but this time I brought my knitting. And I made one of the ugliest hats known to man. I honestly have no clue how it is so ugly and I hid its face from the world (chucked it in our trunk so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore)
And of course, like always, we had basketball. I fully intended to play this time, and I was dressed for it and everything. Then everyone and their dog showed up to play, and I got overwhelmed. Also everyone wanted a turn to play and I didn't so I chose not to take up space in place of someone who actually enjoys playing. Instead I talked to Isaac (after I left the room because I was having a mini meltdown because so many people showed up) That was good! I like talking to Isaac, he's a chill dude.
Friday the plumber came to fix the sink I unintentionally clogged on Monday (I was so ashamed, it's not even funny. All my housekeeper prowess failed me) I felt much better about clogging it when he pulled out a GIANT wad of hair... And replaced the pipes. Missionaries don't take care of their apartments. The plumber told us that when things need replacing we should ask for them to replace it lol. That would be so much easier if when we ask for things we weren't questioned why on earth we want to live and function like normal human beings (slight hyperbole used here). But we tried it. And we should be getting a couple new mattresses and our washing machine checked out. Exciting things for missionary apartments.
Saturday we did a service first thing in the morning. After that the day took forever to be over. We tried to go visiting, but the Spirit advised against that, so we were stuck at square zero again. Honestly it's like a daily occurrence at this point. So we decided to do some Facebook work. Not that social media doesn't come with its own pitfalls and dangers. If you're not aware, and you have Facebook, I made a group about family history! You should join and post all the cool stories and fun things you want 😎 As the creator of the group, I am in charge of approving all posts that people try to add to the page. Today that meant I opened the screen and was met with a very unpleasant surprise that I'm grateful was not posted to a page with tons of other missionaries following it. Thank heavens for the block and report buttons 🙌 Now I just need some bleach for my eyes and we'll be good 👍 Yay for the internet.
Sunday was incredibly uneventful, EXCEPT I finally finished my BYU-Provo application essays. Hallelujah and praise the Lord. Also I went so temporarily insane that I started doing long division to give my brain something to do. Is this the point I should be worried? Who knows.
Spiritual Thought:
Doctrine and Covenants 61:36
"And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you"
No explanation today, I'm pretty tired. Pray about it
Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
You guys are awesome 😘
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
PS: you should join my facebook group (a slightly reputable person makes sure all things posted are about family history) https://www.facebook.com/groups/339274315156447/?ref=share
Pictures:
1,2&3) Pumpkin carving 🎃
4) batty batty batty 🎵🦇
5&6) a snazzy hat
7) chilling at the church aka our second home
8) our spooky Halloween board 👻
9&10) I organized our Tupperware. Yes, all of the Tupperware on the floor did not have a match or were broken. Missionary apartments are stupid
![]() |
| Pumpkin carving |
![]() |
| Batty batty bat |
![]() |
| Snazzy hat on Sister Jensen |
![]() |
| Chillin' at the church |
![]() |
| Spooky Halloween board |
![]() |
| Tupperware |










No comments:
Post a Comment