![]() |
| Hermana Canady and Sister Entrikin on splits at the sketchy park |
Weekly
23 Oct 2023
Wahoo! Sorry about not writing last week, if it makes you feel better, nothing happened. Which is pretty similar to this week, but you get to hear about it anyway ð
Monday! I wrote another one of my application essays. Now I only have one left ðĨģ Then I took a 2 hour nap ðī Wish I could do that every day.
Tuesday we had an exchange, and I was a Hermana for a day again! Basically that means I sit there and smile until people ask me things, and then my companion has to explain that I only know how to say "hola," "si," and "mucho gusto" But we also took pictures at this really pretty park which is actually super ghetto. They look good ð And then we skedaddled on outta there.
Wednesday we had..... meetings! Woohoo! I was grumpy. But I pretended not to be (we all know how well that probably worked out) We had lunch with a member at a Mexican restaurant. She told me I was eating my food wrong. :/ She was probably right, but still! We also played chair soccer. I'm pretty bad at it, haha! But I did take a ball to the stomach when one of the leaders kicked it at me accidentally. It hurt :'( I laughed it off like a man ðĪ
Thursday I had..... more meetings! I was again grumpy. But then!! Because it was in a different (bigger) town, I got Panda Express for lunch. Yum ð When we got there, a worker was asking if someone forgot their credit card. It looked like our missionary cards ðĪ Sure enough, an Elder accidentally left his card at Panda. He's lucky I love that greasy trash so much!
We also had another basketball night ð I decided not to play because I forgot my exercise clothes and was in an ankle-length dress. Not because I don't like playing basketball or anything. And our Bishop showed up! Sister Jenkins sees all men equally on the court. She was ruthless.
Friday was.......... another meeting!!! Wow! What a lucky duck I am to have so many of those ð It was zone conference which means we have to get a car wash so we can pretend that we keep our car super clean constantly. Fun fact about the Nissan Rogue that we drive: it has a funky gearshift that isn't a real gearshift, but like a little knob thing (idk, it's hard to explain, you should look it up) And in automatic car washes, you have to shift into neutral. I kid you not when I tell you it took me five years to somehow do the right combination of things to finally shift into neutral. The poor car wash guy literally was just watching me struggle. Eventually I told my comp to try, and of course she got it first try ð I was just glad I could finally roll up my window and never see that worker again.
But we made it on time to zone conference! And I got to see two of the most amazing, beautiful, incredible people on the whole planet! Sister Maughan and Hermana Nickerson ððĪĐðĨ°ðð If only Sister Saturnino was there, then I would have got to see three most amazing, beautiful, incredible people on the whole planet. But for real it was SO good to see my besties. I've missed seeing them ð (President Basha, if you're reading this: *hint hint*) Immediately after zone conference, we started another exchange ðð Sister Genzer is a queen, and I would die for her. (That list sure has gotten long out here)
On Saturday, we started biking and then a tire on Sister Genzer's bike popped. Welcome to being a biking missionary ð But we got it worked out, and then I found out that we actually had (you guessed it) two more meetings!!! Wow, am I a winner or what? So after having a train wreck of a lesson with one of our friends, we went to meetings. But they did have white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies which are the best things on the face of the planet. So points to the leadership session of Stake conference.
Then it was Sunday! And we had the last meeting of the week. Boy if you thought I was grumpy after the Wednesday meetings. I had to avoid talking to people until my companion and I both almost had a breakdown and decided maybe a nap would be good. It was good! Naps and food fix everything (we may have snagged some candy that was in the primary closet *Don't look**Shhh*) Who would have thought that as a missionary I would literally steal candy from a baby (or two). But they'll get tons on Halloween, so I don't feel too bad for them ð
And THAT was my week.
Spiritual Thought:
"there is no spiritual power in living by convenience. The power comes as we keep our covenants"
It's easy to want everything to be convenient, but real power and change comes as we challenge ourselves (even when it sucks ðĪŠ)
Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
As always, I love you all and hope you're doing well ❤️ Until next time
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
Pictures:
1) chilling on the couch listening to the rain ð§
2) spooky Monk ghost
3) let's shake on it ðĪ
4) Sister Basha and Sister Maughan ð
5) all the missionaries (in the north half of the mission)
6) all the Sisters (in the north half of the mission)
7&8) fixing the tire like men ðĪ (a member had to come help us get the tire off--it was on there really tight!)
9)biking in the dark
10) spooktober quilt ðŧ
11&12) at the fountain at the sketchy park
![]() |
| Chilling on the couch listening to the rain |
![]() |
| Spooky Monk Ghost |
![]() |
| Let's shake on it |
![]() |
| Sister Basha, Sister Entrikin, and Sister Maughan |
![]() |
| California Roseville Mission - all the missionaries in the north |
![]() |
| California Roseville Mission - all the sisters in the north |
![]() |
| Sister Genzer and Sister Entrikin fixing the tire like men |
![]() |
| Fixing the tire like a man |
![]() |
| Biking in the dark |
![]() |
| Spooktober quilt |
![]() |
| With Hermana Canady on splits in front of the fountain at the sketchy park |












No comments:
Post a Comment