![]() |
| Making a poster with the elders |
Wow. It is hot and my Idaho is showing
July 3, 2023
Hey everybody! π We hit our first day of over 100° weather this week... and it pretty much stayed up there. Our hottest day was 108° πΆ I'm literally melting.
Monday was super fun! We got together with the Roseville Zone and played kickball and then Capture the Flag. For Capture the Flag, it was zone vs. zone, best 2 out of 3. We won ππ We also play really dirty, but hey, that's just how the cookie crumbles. What matters is that we won π We were outside for like 3 hours, so I got my first sunburn of the Summer! I'll be using a lot more sunscreen from here on out. Aloe Vera is my best friend π€
Tuesday I was literally so sore from running around for 3 hours. I could barely walk π I'm getting too old for this crap. But we had a service helping someone move in, so I popped some ibuprofen and we were off. Luckily she just had us shelve books, so that wasn't too strenuous. She also fed us lunch. She gave us stuff to make sandwiches. Everything was great, but the sliced cheese was moldy. So I closed the package and quietly shooed everyone away from it if they came looking. When she came back in, I told her the cheese was moldy, and she yelled at me for not telling her sooner πΆπΆπ«️ That was embarrassing, and I wanted to die. But we helped her unpack, and she's in the Elder's area, so I never have to see her again ππNote to self: don't tell people their food is moldy?? I'm not sure what lesson I was supposed to learn from that experience.
Wednesday after our meetings, we made a poster for our new mission President and his wife who are coming on Saturday. The whole zone helped. I felt like a kindergarten teacher. I guess that's what you get for mixing Elders and arts and crafts. I think the poster turned out fire π₯ I would hang it on my wall if someone made it for me π
Thursday we had a miracle! We decided to do some street contacting (which is when you walk around and talk to everyone you meet) We walked around in the 96° weather for 2 hours, and only talked to 2 people. Finally we decided to say a prayer and ask if we should be spending our time doing something else. We say amen and look up and this girl outta nowhere, is walking past! We went to talk to her, but she was walking quick and she was pretty far ahead of us. We decided to cut through a side street to see if we could catch up. We decided to run. I'm sure we were quite the sight, running down the sidewalk in our dress shoes and skirts, water bottles, scriptures and bags in hand. We were so out of breath, but we make it to the park and what do we see? She's stopped at the water fountain. So we got to talk to her. She was the sweetest! Her name is Jazz and she's from London! She has a sick accent π We invited her to the temple that's opening up a couple cities away, and we gave her a Book of Mormon. She kept saying we were so nice and she was glad we got to talk π₯Ί It was so cool! We're excited to keep talking with her, and that's exactly what we needed to end our long day π
Saturday we went back and painted the house we primed last week. We got to listen to the Lumineers this time, so that was pretty epic. Then we got to meet President and Sister Basha, the new mission President and his wife! They are so much fun! I'm excited for what they're going to bring to the mission π AND Sister Basha asked if she could have the poster we made them, so she passed the vibe check π
And that was my week! Some fun stuff happening, excited to see what this next one brings! Hope you're all having a great summer, and you're staying cooler than I am π
P.s. I hit 9 months as a missionary today. Halfway there! Bon Jovi had it right π
Spiritual Thought:
2 Nephi 1:23
"Awake, my sons; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust"
Sometimes it feels like we always fall short and will never measure up, but God doesn't want us to feel that way. The gospel is that of hope. We always have another chance, another opportunity to get up and keep trying.
Love to each and every one of you ❤️
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
New feature!!
Current address: 101 Coppervale Cir, Apt 223, Rocklin, CA 95765
Mission office (you can send stuff here and it will always get to me no matter where I live): 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
Pictures:
1&2) pday winners and losers π
3) went on a daddy/daughter date with brother Sartain because we're having Dad withdrawals. He did his best [saluting emoji]
4) cow salt and pepper shakers aka the best thing ever
5) I took a nap while my comp was in a meeting
6) why Elders shouldn't have Facebook
7&8) Our epic poster
9) kindergarten arts and crafts [lead photo]
![]() |
| P-day winners and losers |
![]() |
| Daddy-daughter date with Brother Sartain |
![]() |
| Cute cow salt and pepper shakers |
![]() |
| Nap |
![]() |
| Why elders shouldn't have Facebook |
![]() |
| Epic poster |









No comments:
Post a Comment