Monday, July 3, 2023

Yup, this is for last week

 

At Jennifer's baptism

Yup, this is for last week

June 25, 2023 (sent July 3)

Hey all! I'm pretty bad at writing these, so apologies on that. Here was how last week went:


Monday was so much fun! We came to the church and played sock soccer with the whole zone. That's when you play soccer in socks in an inside gym, so everyone's sliding around. RIP my socks, they were brave soldiers. I also played Skull King (which is a card game) with some of the Elders. It reminded me of summer! And I won 😏😌

Tuesday we went knocking, and at one door, a lady answered, as soon as she did her dog started barking super loud. And she goes "I JUST got the kids to bed" 😶 Whoops. I wasn't sure if she was going to kill me or herself. That was awkward and I felt pretty bad. But I also had to laugh because I really thought she was going to yell or cuss me out or something, but she just sent us on our way. I prayed for her, and hopefully she's doing better 🤞

Wednesday we had interviews with our mission President. He's going home this week, and a new one is coming in, so that was fun! We said our goodbyes and it was a good time. We also did a bunch of service. We were able to pick plums for this lady and that was fun, but also so hot 🥵. The summer is just ramping up. Pray for me 🙏 We also got to paint primer all over this house. They had kids helping, so there was paint everywhere. Oh dear. Luckily we put tarps down, so there wasn't too much damage.

Thursday our whole day got thrown off, but it worked out. We were late to our dinner, late to our lesson, and late to our exchange with the some other Sisters. But it all worked out

Friday we had a great exchange. I was with Sister Shepherd; we didn't do too much out of the ordinary.

Saturday Sister Sartain took us up to Redding. Why? Because Jennifer got baptized 🥳🎉🥳🥳🤩 That was so amazing! The Spirit was so strong! I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of their story 🥰 It was an incredible experience ❤️

Then we went to lunch at a place I'd never been before. Sister Sartain checked the reviews and said it looked good. Turns out I'd never been there because it was a bar. We walked in and it was straight up like the old western movies when an out-of-towner walks in and everyone looks up and stares at them. I imagine we were a strange sight to see: 5 women in dresses (two of which are missionaries) walking into a bar at 1 in the afternoon. Hey, you know what they say: it's 5 o'clock somewhere. The food was pretty good and so was the water we drank, so no harm done. Except for the painting of the naked lady my comp spotted on the way out. Whoops.

There you have it! What a week. Hopefully I remembered everything, I'm about a month behind in my journal, so remembering things that happen is a bit rough 🤷‍♀️

Spiritual Thought:
Alma 29:10
"...then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

This scripture is a missionary talking about how much joy it brings him to be on a mission and see people coming closer to Christ. It's been amazing to see that joy come in my life! And I know that joy can be found in the gospel, no matter where you look. As long as you're looking, you can find it!

Love, love, love to all of you. You're amazing and I love hearing from all of you ❤️ Stay epic 😎

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 

Pictures:
1) painting
2) outside the painting (after we washed off because painting the house turned into painting each other)
3) sunset and me
4) in the back of the car in the Sartain Redding field trip
5) I took this book from the institute 
6) Sister Sheppard and I
7) yeah she's quirky (it's Sister Maughan with a dragon puppet)
8) before the baptism 
9) after the baptism 🥰


Painting


Outside the painting

Sunset

In the back of Sister Sartain's car on the way to Redding

Sister Entrikin with book stolen from the institute

Sister Entrikin and Sister Sheppard

Sister Maughan with a dragon puppet

Before Jennifer's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon