Monday, July 10, 2023

Full Circle

 

Popsicle


Full Circle

10 July 2023

Hello, hello!


It's been a funky crazy week. And when I say that it's not because a lot happened (it didn't). Just been hanging in there and trying to roll with the punches as best I can *saluting emoji*

Monday was nice and chill last week. Not much to report there.

Tuesday was America Day *US flag*🦅🎆. We didn't really do much of the typical 4th of July stuff. We went over to our friend Juan's for lunch, and that was kinda weird? He's the only member in his family, which no problems there. But they don't really know how to act around missionaries, lol. It was pretty awkward. They mostly just ignored us. But we got some good food 😎
 Later that evening we moved all our furniture into our kitchen. Our curfew on major holidays is 7pm, to keep us safe. So we had some time to kill. And we're getting our carpets cleaned because they're disgusting 😌

Wednesday we got transfer news! Sister Maughan and I are moving together to Roseville! Aka, we're moving to an apartment 5 minutes down the road 😆 At first they told us we were going to be on bikes, but we complained so they gave us a car 😎 Saved my poor Idaho self from melting into a puddle in our 100+ degree heat 🥳

Our new area is actually the very first area I ever served in as a missionary 😯 That will be pretty weird! 

So Wednesday and Thursday were a lot of packing, cleaning, and saying goodbye. It was sad to see this area go, especially for Sister Maughan because she's been here for so long. But we're excited to tackle a new area together 😊

Friday we stuffed our car full of everything we own, and we made it fit! That was certainly a miracle. Then we drove 5 minutes and unloaded it all again. Lots of packing and unpacking and getting settled.

Saturday is honestly a blur. We made some visits to a couple of people in our new area, and got more settled. We also found out that we were going to speak in church, so we had to write out our talks 😵‍💫 

Sunday, we had to give the talks in Sacrament meeting. I was pretty nervous, but it ended up going really well! I spoke for 13 minutes! (We were asked to speak for 10-15) That is the longest talk I've ever given! I was pretty proud of myself because I usually speed up when I get nervous, so I never fill the time I'm given. Not today! That was cool 😎 

It's a bit short this week, sorry y'all.

I love y'all! 

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 

Addresses:
Current Apartment- 751 Central Park Dr, Apartment 232, Roseville CA 95678

Mission office (you can send stuff here and it will always get to me no matter where I live)- 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843


Pictures:
1) Juan 😊
2, 3, 4) Last meal of the transfer at Kane's 
5) The Hatch's
6) Kay Dyson
7) Nap time
8) popsicle [lead photo]
9) Phillip Daley harassing the Dutch Bros 
10) Polaroid 
11) Grandma Kat
12) Watching fireworks from our apartment complex because of our curfew
13) our crowded kitchen


Juan



Last meal of the transfer

Kay Dyson

Nap time

Phillip Daley at Dutch Bros

Polaroid

Grandma Kat

Watching fireworks

Crowded kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon