Monday, July 17, 2023

They just keep coming

 

First rise


They just keep coming

July 17, 2023

Hey all! 


New thing this week: I am sick :P I hate being sick -_- Thought you should know.

Monday was pretty fun, I took a four hour nap 😎 And then we played pickleball. I am horrendously terrible at pickleball.

On Tuesday we had our big mission leadership meeting. Another trek with 8 women in a minivan 😌 We got a new mission president, so we had a discussion about the "current state of the mission." The current state is that everyone is sad, and feeling pretty beat up because all we ever talk about is what we need to be doing better... so I told him that. And then my companion popped off and said that there is no respect for the sisters in this mission. Queen. Our new mission pres gave the Elders a five minute talk about how they need to be respecting the sisters 😏 Preach. 

We had a very good discussion about how mutual respect is key to creating a healthy and functional environment. Then he closed the meeting with a five minute speech of how we are all doing super good and we are incredible people. That was pretty epic 😌 All-in-all a good meeting.

Funny story about that: after I said something one of the Elders went to follow up and he goes "just like...bleh..Sister.... that Sister was saying (etc)" He totally forgot my name! We served together for 3 months! It was so funny 😆 He came up and apologized after, but I get to bring that up for the rest of my life now, mwah ha ha 😈

Wednesday we had sooooo many meetings. But then we got to go play with some of the youth at the park. That was fun! I got absolutely trounced by a nine year-old in Badminton. She sent her teammate over to help me mid game 🫣😶‍🌫️

On Thursday a member had us over for dinner and she made us homemade pineapple juice. That was best thing I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. It was like literal heaven.

Friday we visited a lady, and when we walk in the room was completely dark. No lights were on, the curtains were drawn, pitch black. And that's how it stayed, she didn't turn on one light until the very end of our 30 minute visit. And even then it was a single bare bulb. The world seemed very bright after we went back outside

Saturday we went and visited this guy named Bob. He gave off very creepy vibes and the spirit was not dwelling. Needless to say we're not going to go see him again. The rest of the day was a sick day because I have a cold. I got to sleep even more 😎

Sunday, we were sitting in church, and I'd been doing just fine, but then--in the middle of the sacrament (when we take the bread and water)--I start coughing, and I can't stop. I'm trying to keep it quiet, but I'm dying, so as soon as we took the sacrament, we zoomed out. Then I spent the next 10 minutes having a coughing fit in the bathroom 🫥 Oh the joy of being sick

Also, I made cinnamon rolls this week, and I'm quite proud of myself 😌

Spiritual Thought:
Acts 5:38-39
"38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: 
39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God"

So we were reading this chapter in church, and these verses really stuck out to me. Someone is talking about how, if the church is not of God, it won't prosper; if it is of God, no one can stop it.

I love that! God takes care of His own. No unhallowed hand can stop the work, and He is always there with us when we are doing what He asks! I've always found that incredibly comforting 😊

Until next time!

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 

Addresses:
Current Apartment- 751 Central Park Dr, Apartment 232, Roseville CA 95678

Mission office (you can send stuff here and it will always get to me no matter where I live)- 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843

Pictures:
1&2) Aysha in her natural habitat 
3) The dough for my cinnamon rolls after the first rise 😍  [lead photo]
4) Our tiwi gave up the ghost (tiwi is the little device in our car that monitors our driving so we don't take mission cars on joy rides) 

Natural habitat

Natural habitat

Dead tiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon