Saturday, April 15, 2023

Another One Bites the Dust

 

Lunch with Mt Shasta Elders


Another One Bites the Dust

March 27, 2023

Fun adventures this week! And by that I mean missionary work because we didn't do anything all that interesting. 

Lots of our lessons canceled this week :/ But we still had some good meetings! 
We met with this lady named Barbara, and she's super awesome! We're going back this Friday 😊

We had to switch cars with the Elders this week. That was very sad 😔 Especially since their car looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in 10 years 😵‍💫 Needless to say, we got a car wash the very next day. And some fabric febreeze so it wouldn't smell like BO anymore :P
How they managed to get it to that point in 3 weeks, I have no idea.

Our temple trip got canceled 😞 But we're figuring out getting another one scheduled. And we kind of needed a break, so God knows what He's doing!

We decided to take a (much needed) mental health day on Saturday. We already had an open schedule because of the canceled temple trip, so we had a good time spending time with each other and just being friends 😁 We played the game "Not Really Strangers" and had a fun giggley time. I also looked at lots of pictures of different temples. Sometimes it's just nice to look at beautiful pictures of beautiful buildings... and think about which one you want to get married in 😆

I've been doing a lot of self-reflection this week. Being a missionary affords you a lot of interesting opportunities, especially when it comes to personal growth. I've been thinking a lot about how I'm not where I want to be in my personal progress, but I forget to recognize how far I've come!

I was sitting in church this Sunday and pondering as we were taking the sacrament, and I had the thought come to mind, "You're not bad at something because you have room to improve. That just means you are trying and learning. You are never failing at something when you are striving to become a little bit better everyday!"

Which leads to the spiritual thought for this week! 
Doctrine and Covenants 46:8-9
8 ...seek ye earnestly the best gifts, always remembering for what they are given;
9 For verily I say unto you, they are given for the benefit of those who love me and keep all my commandments, and him that seeketh so to do; that all may be benefited that seek or that ask of me...

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know that we are going to make mistakes, that was part of the plan! The important thing is that we learn from those mistakes. That we get up and keep trying to do a bit better everyday. Just like the above scripture says blessings are for those who obey, and for those who are trying to do so. 

It's like that cliche quote you see on your elementary school teacher's wall: "You only fail when you stop trying."

So don't stop trying! Keep going and take courage! Know that you aren't walking the path alone, Christ is with you, and He knows where you are. He knows the struggle and the desire of your heart, and in the end, that's what will count: Did you keep trying?

I love you all! I wish I could tell you haw much I truly appreciate hearing from each one of you! But truly, words cannot describe. Thank you all for being a part of my life and influencing me in my path to keep trying! I hope you have an incredible week, and don't forget that I love you, but more importantly, Heavenly Father loves you and He's looking out for you always 🥰

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 💪

Pictures:
1) Hermana Malan drew a picture of all of us in this house 😌 its hanging proudly on our living room wall (I'll bet you can't guess which one I am 😆) ft the dumpster fire that is our life
2) The Fort Collins Colorado temple 🤩 gorgeous 
3) oreo mousse - ft Sister Saturnino looking annoyed and me looking like a gleeful toddler 😆
4) Shasta Lake Elders being silly during District Council - mic check
5&6) We got lunch with the Mt Shasta Elders last p-day 😎  (lead photo)
7) Boba - the snack saga continues
8) pretty picture courtesy of Sister Saturnino and me driving 2 mph down the road 😁

Hermana Malan's drawing

Ft Collins Colorado Temple

Oreo mousse

Shasta Lake Elders mic check

Lunch with Mt Shasta Elders

Boba - the snack saga continues

Slow, pretty drive

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon