![]() |
| Snowy Adventure |
Woo Hoo!
February 27, 2023
I couldn't think of anything to name this email, so that's what ya get ๐คท♀️
First order of business: it's transfer time again! I'm staying in Redding ๐ But I'm getting a new companion! Her name is Sister Saturnino. We will make quite the pair, I think. Sister Hebdon is heading off to Rocklin to finish her mission where she started. Which means I'm going to be leading out our area. I'm also the driver next transfer ๐ถ Pray for Sister Saturnino ๐
Monday was so warm this week. It got up into the 70s! We had lunch with some of the Elders and someone said I was "built like a child" and the others agreed ๐คจ I told them it isn't my fault they're built like giants. It was pretty funny though. It makes me laugh every time I think about it ๐
On Tuesday we visited an older lady in our ward. She was telling us about some of her hobbies and then casually dropped the fact that she tap dances! She even performed a song for us! It was pretty epic ๐
We did quite a bit of painting this week for someone who reached out to us. That was an absolute hoot! We got quite a bit of paint on the Elders (completely on accident ๐) But they got us back so it was fair.
We woke up on Friday morning, looked out the window, and what did we see!? Not popcorn popping on the apricot tree, but 6 inches of snow covering everything :O
So fun fact, in our mission, we are not allowed to drive in snow. I imagine that has something to do with the fact that 90% of Californians have never seem snow in their life (and aren't terribly good drivers anyway) So we had a snowed-in Friday morning. But by the afternoon, the streets had cleared up enough that we got the go ahead to drive. But that was our snowy adventure ❄️ Also at one point we somehow got into a snowball fight. Elder Rideout nailed me right in the forehead ๐ I told him his days were numbered, so be prepared to never hear him mentioned again ๐
We also went out and got our nails done with one of the YSA. I've never gotten my nails done before so that was quite the adventure. I haven't painted my nails in 5 months, so I'm quite enjoying the serotonin I'm receiving from my colorful nails ๐
That was my week (or at least the highlights of it)
Spiritual Thought:
Alma 50:22 "And those who were faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord were delivered at all times..."
Stay safe out there y'all!
Love Sister Aysha May Entrikin ๐ง

No comments:
Post a Comment