Sunday, January 29, 2023

Believe it or not, it's a new year!! 🍾

 

Peppa Pig Calendar


Believe it or not, it's a new year!! 🍾

January 2, 2023

Hola amigos!

(That is all the Spanish I've learned serving around the Hermanas 😌)

Last Monday, we had a zone Christmas party!! It was such a blast. We all made breakfast together (most chaotic breakfast ever, I loved it haha) and then we ate it while watching "It's A Wonderful Life" which the Hermanas got approved by the Mission President 😎

After that we did a white elephant exchange.  That was equally chaotic. We put all the presents in the middle of the room and then ran in and grabbed one Hunger Games style πŸ˜† and of course all the "gifts" were equally random, haha. 

I started and finished the puzzle I got for Christmas which was so much fun, I'm going to get another one to do today, haha

Also this week, Sister Hebdon's phone broke 😢 so my phone has now become our phone until hers gets fixed. That has been kind of funny to figure out. Probably more funny for me than for her, but her phone is on its way to being repaired πŸ‘

Poor Hermana Nickerson was sick this week, so we went on a course exchanges so someone could stay with her while the other two still did missionary work. That was awesome for me because I got to stay home and clean our apartment πŸ˜† I organized our kitchen and also cleaned out the terrifying place that is a missionary apartment's garage. You don't want to know.

Also, this is kind of a gross story, so skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to read it πŸ‘ I found out Christmas morning, that when there were Elders living here, they taped a lizard to the wall. Like a real life lizard, small enough to be completely covered by the duct tape which was its eternal prison🫣😢 You already know that had to go. It was very unpleasant. More disturbing was the fact that the Elders seemed sad that I got rid of it. I was not sad, and I did not apologize. 

If any of you are ever curious to know what the dregs of humanity look like, you can likely find it in a missionary apartment. 

Fun story time!! New Year's Eve, we had to get a new dinner calendar for our ward. And you would not believe the absolute gold we struck at Dollar Tree. We found, drumroll please, a Peppa Pig calendar. You already know we saw that and instantly snatched it up. We also took a picture to flex on our zone. Some of the Elders tried to convince us their Jeep calendar was better. Jealousy is a disease πŸ˜”

Yeah! It was a pretty great week, all in all. We had fun, got some work done, and as always, spread the good news of the gospel! 

Spiritual Thought this week:
"We can trust that He will help us, not necessarily in the way we want but in the way that will best help us to grow. Submitting our will to His may be difficult, but it is essential to becoming like Him and finding the peace He offers us." Jean A Stevens, Fear Not I Am With Thee, April 2014 General Conference 

There is so much joy that comes form trusting in and acting on the will of God! He truly knows and wants everything that will ne for our good and our benefit πŸ’“

I love y'all,  and I hope you're having the bestest new year! Stay chill 😎 

Pictures 
1) PEPPA PIG πŸ’ͺ😀  (lead photo)
2) New Year's Eve Dinner 
3) you would not believe how quickly I inhaled that hamburger 
4&5) MATCHING CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS πŸ₯³πŸ˜±
6) puzzle champions 😎
7) Wednesday vibes
8) zone Christmas breakfast πŸ₯°


New Year's Eve Dinner

Hamburger

Matching Christmas Pajamas

Matching Christmas Pajamas

Puzzle Champions

Wednesday Vibes

Zone Christmas Breakfast




No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon