Monday, December 26, 2022

When Did I Become a Toddler

 

Trio with Randi!

When did I become a toddler

19 December 2022

6 days til Christmas 🎉 We have all our apartment's presents under the tree, and all the Sisters I'm living with have to keep me accountable for not opening my presents before next Sunday 😆 I'm not sure why they are so tempting! Needless to say I'm learning to practice self restraint this holiday season!


Thank you to everyone who sent me letters and packages! I really appreciate hearing from everyone 🥰

Our house got matching pjs on last p-day 😎 I don't have pictures yet, but I will next week! I'm serving in a family ward and a YSA, so we go to the FHE activities every Monday. Last week was a white elephant gift exchange. I've never seen such strange presents, it was a blast 😆

We got to help one of our members set up her Christmas tree on Tuesday!  That was so fun. She told us not to make it too pretty because her cat would knock it over at lest 4 times before Christmas 😶 but we had a good time, destructive cat notwithstanding 😆

On Wednesday, one of the friends we were teaching called us feeling really low. We had our day packed, but we wanted to do something. So we invited her to come to a couple of our lessons with us. It was so awesome! She was planning to get baptized on Saturday, so she was able to bear her testimony about the gospel and invite people to her baptism! It was so much fun! Randi (our friend) is sooo amazing! I love her! Her testimony is so strong and she is such an inspiration to me!

Wednesday evening Sister Hebdon and I got to set up another Christmas tree (sans destructive felines)! We raked leaves for a lady in our ward and then she asked for our help setting up her tree! :) It was so much fun, she was the sweetest 😊

Then we had another white elephant exchange, this time with the youth in the family ward. That was hilarious. Sister Hebdon and I teamed up to secure a bag of chocolate. I also got some lightsaber chopsticks that light up. They're so fun, haha. Just the toddler in me again 😆

Thursday we helped one of our members, Sister Butterfield, bake cookies. That was awesome! We also helped her set up for the family history center Christmas dinner! It was cool to hear all her stories about family history work

Then on Friday, we had zone conference. It's been a busy week! Zone conference was so good. The talks, the trainings, everything was incredible!

Saturday was Randi's baptism 🎉🥳 It was awesome! She was a little nervous, but super excited! It went so well. I had to give a talk, but everyone said it was good, so hopefully I didn't embarrass myself too much. The baptism was so good though. We got everything set up and people showed up on time!

And that was my crazy week! Lots of good things, but totally packed! It was pretty epic 😌

Spiritual Thought this week is from Enos!
Enos is such a cool guy. His faith is incredible! We only here a small part of his story, but it is so good. 
Verses 6-8 in Enos 1 say
"6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.
   7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?
   8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole."

And we can also find that peace because of Christ and as we exercise even a mustard seed of faith in Him, he can make us whole.

I love, love, love y'all!  Have an awesome week and a Merry Christmas 🎅 🎄 

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 💓

Pictures 📸 
1) Sis Hebdon chilling in the green waste bin
2) Elders do not know how to park 
3) The zone 🥰
4) Randi's baptism :D
5) Companions 😎
6&7) Baking cookies
8) Trio with Randi! (lead photo)
9) L for Elders who don't pick up the phone

Sister Hebdon chilling in the green waste bin

Elders do not know how to park

The Zone

Randi's baptism

Companions

Baking cookies


Baking cookies with Sister Butterfield


L for Elders who don't pick up the phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon