![]() |
| Sister Entrikin and Sister Hebdon in the (fake) snow |
I lied 😶
12 December 2022
Ok so I told y'all last week that I was going to Mt Shasta. I'm actually in Redding. My b. In my defense our ward is called Shasta View, and we are pretty close to Mt Shasta. I hope you'll forgive me 😔
This week has been amazing!
So before transfers happened on Wednesday, we (the zone) did something called signing journals. What this is, is each missionary has a notebook or journal that is their signing journal. At the end of the transfer, all the missionaries who won't be serving with each other the next transfer write something in each other's signing journal. It so cool! This is one mission tradition that isn't supremely concerning 😆 But it's super cool to have something to look back on! We did that last Monday.
We also went to Handel's (an ice cream place) and we got ice cream together as a last activity with each other. It was nice :)
Tuesday we were getting dinner with a member and I heard Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You" Now Christmas has officially begun 😌
Wednesday was transfer day. Which essentially means it was chaotic. I woke up and had to hurry and clean my entire apartment so the Elders who would be moving into it wouldn't be traumatized by all the hair that comes with having four women living in the same place 😱
I hope they're grateful because that took a hot minute, haha.
Then we had to fit 6 suitcases and the rest of mine and Sister Allen's luggage into the back of our car. It's been a hot minute since I've played Tetris, but we got it all in there!
We played musical cars with the other Sisters in Gridley until everyone was with their new companion and all their luggage. That was surprisingly organized haha.
Instead of going up to Redding Wednesday evening, we decided to stay with the Gridley sisters in their apartment for the night because there was a training meeting Thursday morning also in Gridley. Which meant I got to hang out in Gridley for a day before seeing the place I'd be living for at least the next 6 weeks. It was such a blast, tbh.
We were able to join the Hermana's (Spanish speaking sisters) service project. We were volunteering at Gridley's parade of lights! It was so much fun! The funnest job we got was running the snow machine. Yes, there was no actual snow, so they had to create it artificially. I've never seen so many people so excited to see fake snow, especially the kids. It was awesome 🌨
Also, I have a new companion :D Her name is Sister Hebdon and she's amazing 👏 We are going to have so much fun this transfer (while getting work done haha)
On Thursday, I finally made it to Redding! I got to meet the Hermana's we are living with and I love them! Hermana Nickerson and I came out together, so we're both still training. It's pretty fun.
It is so cold here 🥶 not actually because it's still California, but I am very cold. Letting my Idahoan roots down. People always say, "you're from Idaho, you should be less cold" My response to that is California ought to be less cold.
Friday, I went on an exchange with Hermana Nickerson, in her area. I understood about 20% of what happened all day 😆 I guess I should have taken Spanish in high school instead of German. It was so much fun though. She is super awesome and so funny! In the evening we were teaching English class. Luckily it turned out to be more of an English/Spanish class. Spanish speakers were learning English and English speakers were learning Spanish. I mostly just wrote things on the board. That class was so much fun everyone was helping each other out, and it was just a good time.
Mostly this week has been getting to know the Sisters/Hermanas I'm serving with. I've also been familiarizing myself with the area a bit. It's fun.
I'm actually also over the Shasta YSA (young single adult) ward here. That will certainly be a new experience! I'm excited to learn more about being a missionary this transfer!
I hope you are all just having the most wonderful Christmas time! I love hearing from all of you ❤️
Spiritual Thought this week:
"In spite of our weaknesses and failings, and because of them, He continues to offer His hands, which were pierced for our sakes. He will lift us up if we are willing to come into the light of His gospel, embrace Him, and allow Him to fill our 'want.'"
-Elder O. Vincent Halek, "The Heart of the Widow" October 2017 General Conference
The knowledge of the Love that the Savior has for me, and for all of us, is amazing to me. It's staggering! And it is incredible.
I hope you'll remember the gift of the Savior this Christmas season, and also know that you're in my thoughts and I love you
Love Sister Aysha May Entrikin 🥰
Pictures:
1) Comp unity with our accidental matching yellow 😎
2) Gridley Hermanas
3) picture in the (fake) snow (lead photo)
4-6) Parade of lights videos ✌️
![]() |
| Comp Unity - Sister Entrikin and Sister Hebdon |
![]() |
| Gridley Hermanas |
Sister vibes - waiting for Parade of Lights
Aerial view of street before the Parade of Lights
Sister Entrikin watching the Parade of Lights
Editor's (mom's) note:
Definitions of Millenial-speak --
"my b" = my bad or my mistake
"tbh" = to be honest



No comments:
Post a Comment