Monday, December 5, 2022

It's raining, its pouring ☔️

 

Sisters at the Mall


It's raining, its pouring ☔️

5 December 2022

It has been raining. A lot. I love it.

I adore the rain! It's just so fun :)

Last Monday our zone went to the mall to see the giving machine! It was cool, and slightly anticlimactic? But I got to donate a couple of things which was awesome. If you don't know what the giving machine is. It's essentially a vending machine, but instead of buying snacks or drinks for yourself, you can buy things for different local and worldwide charities! Every penny you donate goes directly to those in need, no administrative costs or anything. It's really awesome.

On Tuesday we had (more) exchanges. I went on an exchange with Sister Swanson. If there's something I love more than rain, it's Sister Swanson. She's amazing. We had a bit of an adventure driving back to Yuba City for a night and then over to Roseville the next morning! We had such an amazing time. We got to talk a lot about humility and sacrifice which was awesome. She is honestly so much fun.

We had our mission Christmas devotional on Thursday. It was so awesome! There were a bunch of missionaries who had musical numbers. They were all stunning. After lunch, we had a puzzle race. We split into groups of four and everyone got the same 100 piece puzzle. Then we race to see which group finishes first! You already know that my group won first place 😎 Now we get to flex for the next year: winners of the Christmas devotional puzzle race πŸ’ͺIt was really fun :)

After the devotional, we (the Sisters who live in this apartment) went and got Boba together. Reminds me of hanging out with people at home (you know who you are) It was a nice little treat

On Friday, we had a couple services to do. And afterwards we went to Raising Canes, which is a restaurant that is super important to the missionaries here for some reason. It was pretty good food, nothing to write home about, but I figured I'd document that I went because it's important for some reason? One of the elders in my district has been there 65 times 😢 (and yes, he's counting) Wack. If there is one thing I've learned about missionaries it's that they have some strange traditions. More on that later.

Saturday was our ward Christmas party. We were setting up for almost 2 hours! But the finished product was pretty awesome. Mostly to the thanks of the Relief Society's preparation. The dinner was awesome and it was so much fun :) We had a couple visitors, so it was great to see them enjoying themselves as well.

Saturday night was "transfer board eve." Transfers are when we find out if we're moving areas or getting a different companion for the next 6 weeks, or transfer. Apparently the night before transfer boards (which is the assignments for the next transfer) we all bring our mattresses into the living room and sleep in the same room. Haha, a little missionary sleepover :) We played MASH (little middle school throwback there) and that was pretty funny. I'll be sad to be leaving the Sisters here. (Spoilers)

I'm going to Mt Shasta! πŸŽ‰ That's almost as far north in our mission as you can go. I'm super excited. It's mostly small towns there, and I just adore small towns. It'll be super good. There will also be snow, apparently. Which will be less good, but I'll survive πŸ˜† It will be nice to have a white Christmas.

I hope you all are doing wonderfully! Listen to lots of Christmas music for me!

Spiritual Thought: "The Savior’s meekness in this eternally essential and excruciating experience demonstrates for each of us the importance of putting the wisdom of God above our own wisdom." 

This quote is from an incredible general conference talk, which I'd highly recommend: "Meek and Lowly of Heart,"  Elder David A. Bednar, April 2018 General Conference 

I've been thinking about meekness a lot this week. One of the most exciting things about being a missionary is that I get to focus even closer on Christ. I have the opportunity to constantly be striving to become more like him. Being meek is so crucial, both as a disciple of Christ and as a regular person. It helps me to remember to be loving, accepting, and patient of all people. I have loved coming closer to my Savior and Redeemer these past weeks, and I'm so excited to become even closer. I invite you to join me on this journey!  There is so much joy and peace that comes from emulating the Savior! 

I love, love, love y'all! Have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin πŸ‘‹

1)big tree at the mall
2)girlies at the mall (lead photo)
3 & 4) giving machine :D
5) Christmas party
6) our sick tree 😎
7) beds in the living room
8) sleepover 
9&10) puzzle competition winners πŸ’ͺ
11&12) Boba
13) Sister Dunn and Sister Swanson with the girls


Big Tree at the Mall

The Giving Machine

The Giving Machine


Christmas Party


Our "Sick" Tree ("sick" means really great in teenager-ese)

Beds in the Living Room

Sleepover


Puzzle Competition Winners

Puzzle Competition Prize


Boba

Boba

Sister Dunn and Sister Swanson with the girls



No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon