Monday, November 21, 2022

Missed a Week

 

Sister Allen, Sister Entrikin, and Max


Missed Last Week, Whoops

21 Nov 2022

Last week got kind of crazy, sorry y'all. And the week after that 😅 I'll try to do better in the future.


11-1 through 11-8
  I met our ward mission leader! He is great and really passionate about fellowshipping members and getting the ward involved. Which is great! 
  I also got to meet Sister J, who is over the Family History efforts in the stake. She's super cool and she taught me so many things about FamilySearch I didn't know about! She also gave me an amazing cookie recipe 😌 
  I saw my first pomegranate bush!!! They can actually grow things other than potatoes here! :O Crazy 😆
  All the Sisters in our apartment did face masks together (yes Annabelle I used a face mask, you should be very proud) The Elders told us we looked like Michael Myers. I'm inclined to agree, haha.
  We went to the Sacramento Temple and it's so pretty! It even has a sick fountain 😎 
  On Saturday we were invited to speak at a member's baptism! His family, the Macdonald's are so amazing! The Spirit was so strong it was awesome!

11-9 through 11-15
  We had dinner with the missionary couple who work in the Mission office. We found out that Sister Jensen and I are 3rd cousins three times removed! It's so fun to see the connections you can make with people you've never met! 
  We also had interviews with our mission President, which are basically just so he can check in on us and see how we're doing, so that was good 👍
  Unfortunately we were sick this week :/ it's was just a pretty standard cold, but still not very fun. 
  We did service at a member's house and she kept calling me "Boo" That was interesting. Note to self: I do not enjoy being called "Boo" But she was sweet, so I'll forgive her. 
   I also was told that I'm intimidating. At first I thought that was silly, but then I talked to Joel and he agreed! So did my parents. Apparently I was the only one who didn't realize that people who don't know me sometimes find me intimidating. The more you know.

11-16 through 11-21 (today!)
   On p-day, we went to the mall and we ran into Santa 😎 I know yall are pretty jealous and it was kind of epic. 
  The next day I lost my voice 😶 I think it was a combination of being sick and talking to much, haha. It is surprisingly difficult to do missionary work when you cannot talk 😆 
  Not much happened this week because we were sick, but it was still a pretty good week. We got to do some service for a member that was outside in the dirt which was refreshing. I missed doing work with my hands and seeing a job well done. 
  On Friday we had zone conference, which is when half of all the missionaries get together and do some trainings and share some inspirational thoughts. We also got to hear from the Mission President and his wife, so that was good. It's always so fun to see the other missionaries and get to know them better.
  So yeah, that was my week!

Sorry for the info dump, yall. Hopefully next week will be better. Love yall <3 keep sending me messages, I really appreciate them (even if I don't have time to answer 😅) 

Spiritual Thought this week: Doctrine and Covenants 50:41-42 "41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
   42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost"

I read that when I was having a rough time and it brought me a lot of comfort and peace. It reminds me that Christ is in my corner forever and always! I never have to walk alone and I can rest sure in the knowledge that good times will always follow the bad 

Stay safe out there y'all!

Sister Aysha May Entrikin 😘

Pictures:
1: Pomegranate Bush
2: Temple
3: us with Max after his baptism :) (lead photo)
4: reminder of home 😌
5: us and the Jensens
6: Santa 😎
7: our zone at zone conference 
8: face mask party 🥳 


Pomegranate Bush

Sacramento Temple

Reminder of Home

Dinner with the Jensens

District with Santa

Zone Conference

Face Mask Party


No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon