Monday, January 15, 2024

Midland makes good music

 

Two Idaho potatoes finding an Idaho Potato bag

Midland makes good music

January 15, 2024

This week we got to go to the Days for Girls service, which is one of my favorite parts of serving in Rocklin. I love it with my whole heart ❤️ And I saw Sister Hermana Nickerson! Yayayyaayyayay! I like friends 😊 


On Wednesday after district council, the social media Elders filmed everyone doing a "meet the missionary" video. That was pretty fun because they let Sister Maughan and I pretend to be helpful by pressing start on the audio recorder. Anyone know if Hollywood's hiring? 

At our dinner we talked to the wife about books and plants, and her husband kept saying, "hold hands" because we talked so much 😆 I think he wanted some attention. 

Thursday we went to the temple 🥳 And four other sisters were walking in right as we got there 🤯 That was pretty epic 😎 I had an epiphany while in the temple: a mission is like our mortal life. Because we signed up to come here, it's a totally different world with different rules and customs, we have no clue what we're doing, we learn from people who were here before us, we have little books that help point us in the right direction, we have epic highs and lows, we laugh and cry, and it's so hard but we keep trying. That has been cool for me to think about.

We also got some new-found motivation this week, so we are ready to grind our last 2 months 💪😤 We started off by walking 7 miles on Friday. Wack. We live ~2 miles out of our area lol. But we knocked some doors until we knocked a member's door. That took the wind out of our sails. But she was nice and gave each of us a donut. So we toddled off to visit a member with health problems who lived nearby. She was very sweet! We helped her replace the batteries in her smoke detector, so it would stop beeping, and we walked with her to get her mail. It was very good, and it felt so nice to actually help someone again! Yay!

Saturday was cold and rainy, but we went and visited an older lady in one of our wards. She is pretty deaf and I don't think she could hear me very well, judging by the fact that she stood up and put her hearing aids in once I started talking. But it was a good visit. She is funny. Then we got trapped INSIDE a gated community because the walking gate was locked and the car gate was triggered by a weight sensor (which we tried and failed to trigger by jumping on it. I suppose we're just not as heavy as a car 😔) But just as we were debating on finding a different way out, an actual car came in and we scurried out of the gate before it could shut. God loves us, I guess.

Our dinner was another older lady, and she was appalled that we walked and told us we need to get a car... we know 😔 But after dinner she insisted on driving us home even though it was dark and rainy (she said she always avoids driving after dark) AND she had just had cataract surgery 11 days earlier. Needless to say that was the most terrifying car ride of my life. And for some reason I was in front which meant I was the one navigating us back to our apartment. And if you've ever driven with me you know how that goes. So not only did I have a front row seat on this terrifying ride, but it also ended up being much longer than it might have been if I actually knew how to get where we lived.

Luckily Sunday was much less eventful besides the fact that our creepy bishop unintentionally grabbed Sister Maughan's butt 😶 Don't worry we told our mission President 😀 Anyways there was a youth theme kickoff fireside that we pulled up to (even though we aren't youth) They had all the missionaries from the stake who were out serving send in a video about what its like to be a disciple of Christ. And I realized I really am very lucky to be a missionary. (See "we're ready to GRIND" in the above paragraph) I managed to keep that feeling all throughout Sister Maughan saying hi to all the members we served with before and none of them remembering me 😀🤙 But one family did and they drove us home... and the dad took our flat tire off our bike, so he can fix it and we can't use it as an excuse anymore. How rude.

I love all y'all and I hope you are having fun! 

Spiritual Thought: 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

This is the new youth theme, and one I have memorized for my mission!

Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 

Addresses: 
House - 2013 Meridian Way, Rocklin, CA 95765
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843

Pictures:
1&2) weekly planning on the church couch
3&4) "helping" film
5) the temple
6) 2 Idaho potatoes by an Idaho potato bag (lead photo)
7) leaving the house on time
8) cleanin'
9) its warm in the bed

Weekly planning (I think she is eating a Pringle)

Weekly planning on the church couch


Helping film

The temple

Leaving the house on time

Cleanin'

It's warm in the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon