![]() |
| At the Fish Ladder |
Something Fishy in California 🐟🎣
September 25, 2023
We went to the Salmon ladder on Monday! Boy are fish ugly looking. But they jumped a lot, so that was fun 😁 And I wanted to jump in the river sooooooo bad. I miss swimming. Also while we were there, I couldn't stop thinking about how to relate it back to Jesus. I've been a missionary too long 🤦♀️
Tuesday I went on an exchange with Hermana Canady! I was an Hermana for a day again! Boy am I out of practice. But it wasn't too bad! I pretty much just sit there, haha!
Wednesday we had a bunch of meetings 😵💫 But THEN we got to go do some service and help clean up this couple's back yard. This poor lady inherited this house from her Grandfather who hadn't done any upkeep for years. It's a mess! I haven't done any good hard work with my hands in forever. Boy it felt good. It was soooo much fun. I can't wait to go back and finish the job 😁 The Elders had lots of fun breaking off dead tree branches. Add that to the list of things that make men happy: destroying things and big sticks.
Thursday we had another exchange! This time, I was with Sister Parsons, and we were speaking English (thankfully). Although we did run into a couple who spoke only Spanish, but who still talked to us for like 10 minutes. The only thing I got out of it was that Mary was the Mother of Jesus. You learn something new every day, I guess. Also we had the most delicious cookies at our member's house, so of course I got the recipe. Every recipe I've asked for on my mission has been a dessert. I guess that solves the mystery of why my pants have shrunk 😋
Friday we didn't feel like sitting still and planning, so instead we biked all over and around Gridley. One of the people we're teaching, Isaac, is always outside his house talking to people, and I swear we passed him at least 5 times yesterday 😆 He kept saying "you guys are everywhere!" Yup. Inescapable those darn missionaries.
So we're officially in football season, which I only know because we have a high-school field directly behind our house. Directly as in our backyard ends where the back of the bleachers begin. And our walls are not very thick. So we knew what was happening the whole time. They did end around 10, so my only complaint is they played garbage music. Nothing good! They played 2 measures of Sweet Caroline, and then stopped!! We literary all yelled at the DJ. Life is just one disappointment after another.
Speaking of disappointments, my companion thinks it's ok to sing Christmas music before Halloween! Before Thanksgiving is bad enough, but before Halloween?!? She's completely disrespecting spooky season!! I'm afraid there's no hope for her 😔
On another note, I was told on two super occasions this week that I could be 1) a Raven and 2) a raccoon. So if any of you are worried about how I've turned out, know that I'm achieving the highest honors one can receive. Now if I can just get someone to tell me I'm a badger. Then I'll be ready to meet my maker.
Saturday was an interesting day. We had it jam packed with lessons and all but one of them fell through. But we ended up being able to do some planning, so all's well that ends well. It was a pretty good day!
Sunday was fast Sunday in our ward because General Conference is coming up (tune in next Saturday and Sunday 😃😃😃 https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/feature/general-conference?lang=eng)
It is rough biking and fasting. That was an experience. I hope I don't have to do it again... but I probably will, haha.
Spiritual Thought
As I said, yesterday was Fast Sunday. And that means our meeting consists of people in the congregation coming up and bearing their testimony as they feel. One of our members told a story about her children's garden. They grew corn, among other things; they put in the work and their plants thrived. But they never picked the corn. They finally did this week and it was all dried out and fit only for the chickens.
Sometimes in the gospel we put in so much work to grow and to thrive, but then forget to partake of the fruits of our labor. So this week, take time to joy in the progress you've made and bask in your harvest. Don't forget that all this work is for you.
Love you guys!
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
Pictures:
1,2,3,4,&5) at the fish ladder
6) Quilt #3 😎
7) found a refreshing drink at our service (which I'm allowed to drink bc I'm 21 😌)
8)weekly planning ft. fall colors and pumpkins
9&10) biking with Sister Parsons
![]() |
| At the fish ladder |
![]() |
| Quilt #3 |
![]() |
| Found a drink |
![]() |
| Weekly planning with fall colors and pumpkins |
![]() |
| Biking with Sister Parsons |










No comments:
Post a Comment