![]() |
| My beautiful child |
A child is born 🙌
September 18, 2023
Yeah you read that right, I'm a parent 😌 My temple flower that I grew from a seed (taken from the temple) is blooming!!!!! I'm very proud of her.
Monday was pretty wack. I've been working on my college application, which is driving me crazy 😵💫 But we also went thrifting and found some cute clothes, so it works out. Then we played a game with one of our friends, Isaac, and his nephews (of which there are many) AND they all invited friends too! There were a LOT more people than we were expecting. And we played ball. I only got squished once, and it was by an Elder, so I made sure to play extra dirty whenever he came around after that. I touched the ball a total of 3 times the whole game, so you could say I'm pretty much a pro 😏 We also brought ice cream and rootbeer because it was Elder Goetz's birthday 🥳 We made him wear a birthday tiara. And take a shot because he turned 21. It was pretty cool if I do say so myself.
Tuesday was our first day of biking! It was actually quite fun. We made sure to stay hydrated and I only led us in the wrong direction twice 😁 When we were biking to our dinner, there was a cute pit bull mix that came running up to us. And he thought it was just the funnest game that we were biking and he was running and we all were going fast. And then he ran right in front of me and I accidentally hit him 🤦♀️ He was very sad and looked at me like I just killed his dog, for lack of a better term. So I told him sorry lots and lots and gave him some head scratches so he would know there were no hard feelings. But then I told him to go home and he looked hurt all over again. Hopefully we can still be friends.
Wednesday we had a great lesson with our new members, Daniel and Caroline. We're going to the temple with them soon, so we helped them create a FamilySearch account to do some genealogy. Then we went to dinner and I got to nerd out with the family over Brandon Sanderson (who's one of my favorite authors), that was pretty epic, and it reminded me a lot of home 😊
Thursday we had zone conference 🥳 It was long 😵💫 But I got to see Hermana Nickerson 💞 Then we met with Daniel and Caroline again to get some more of their family tree figured out, we actually were able to connect a few of their lines back! We also had a dinner. And I don't know what it is about this town and everybody wanting to talk to us about politics. Fun fact: it is against the missionary standards to talk with people about politics. Which I had to remind the members we were eating with about. Mostly so I could change the topic. But that is one thing that I 100% agree with, and I'll use it when I go home. "Sorry I'm not allowed to talk about politics 🤷♀️" I think it will come quite in handy.
Friday was our temple day! We went with Daniel and Caroline and it was so good! Caroline was able to be baptized for her Mom and Daniel was baptized for her brother! It was such an awesome experience. Caroline was so cute; when Daniel was baptized for her brother she clapped. It was so cute 😭
Then Friday evening we got to do more quilting with Sister Voss 🥳
Saturday we biked 6 miles 😵💫 I better be so swol at the end of this.
Then on Sunday (after our million meetings) we biked 9 miles! Woooooooooo. Boy was I tired after that.
Ok here's a fun story that happened to my companion while we were on a mini exchange:
We had a lesson set up with a member whose daughter isn't baptized. Sister Jenkins and Hermana Canady pull up. Then this lady just starts yelling at them to leave. She told them she's sick of us, she isn't interested in the church anymore, and she doesn't want her kids to get baptized 😬
Then the next day, who shows up to church like nothing has happened? The lady... and all her kids. Like, what? Holy mixed signals, Batman. So now we have no idea how to proceed. Oh well, such is life 🤷♀️
Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
Spiritual Thought:
Alma 18:22 "Ammon being wise, yet harmless"
This is one of my favorite verses from the Book of Mormon. Because the phrase "wise, yet harmless" is hilarious. But then I was thinking, what does that actually mean? So I found this scripture in 1 Corinthians. 14:20 "be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men" or in other words: be wise, yet harmless.
😘 And that's another week in the books! Love you all, keep killing it, and until next time!
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
Pictures:
1&2) We played this Disney Trivia game that I would play at Grandma and Grandpa's house all the time! Pretty epic find 😏 and I won 😎
3) The first day of biking before we even biked one foot! (I'm wearing a butterfly shirt)
4) the aftermath of biking 6 miles (I look like a tomato)
5) Elder Goetz doing a shot of (root)beer on his 21st birthday
6) Our quilt we tied this week
7) my beautiful child 😍
![]() |
| Disney Trivia Game |
![]() |
| I won |
![]() |
| First Day of Biking |
![]() |
| After Biking Six Miles |
![]() |
| Elder Goetz's 21st Birthday |
![]() |
| Quilt |







No comments:
Post a Comment