![]() |
| Sacramento Temple |
Life really do be Wildin'
October 9, 2023
Hello everybody!
Monday was pretty typical. Nothing interesting 🤷♀️ until..... Sister Saturnino showed up 🥳 we had MLC, so she was staying the night with us again. We may or may not have stayed up way later than we should have.. again. I'm starting to see a pattern here 🤔 But we had such a good talk that the tiredness was totally worth it!
Tuesday we had our long meeting. Not too bad as far as meetings go, except it went half an hour over 😵💫 And then we had interviews with President Basha! 🥳 That was fun, I like talking with him. Especially since he laughs at my jokes 😁 And while my companion was in her interview, I got to shoot Nerf guns with Sister Basha!! It was epic 😎 I did pretty good if I do say so myself 😏 I got three thousand points (and no, I'm not going to tell you how the scoring works) Just trust me when I say all those action movies paid off. I'm a real sharpshooter.
Wednesday was more meetings 🥳 And next week is going to be even MORE because with transfers came the news that I'm now the STL over 2 zones. Which means twice as many meetings :P God is truly trying my strength. We also did a ridiculous amount of Facebook work at the church because the Spirit told us to LEAVE the neighborhood we were in and then we got scared, so we hid inside 😌
Thursday was pretty chill. We did our planning and then we played basketball 😎 I forgot to bring a change of clothes, so I played in my dress slacks and shoes. I was slipping and sliding (the few times I actually ran anywhere) I am not getting much better at basketball. Also Elder Rideout ran straight at me while I had the ball and I screamed like a child... not my proudest moment. In my defense he's a literal giant and could squish me like the bug I am 🐛
Friday we got to go to the Sacramento Temple for the last time before Feather River is dedicated 🥳 I did initiatories (which is a special blessing, pretty epic 😎) for the first time since I first got my endowment. I kid you not when I say I did not remember it at all. But now I do, so when people ask me about it, I can actually tell them what it is 😃👍 Anyways, while I was there this old lady comes up to me and goes "are you a Relief Society president yet?" Uhhhhhhh "no I'm a missionary" and THEN she says "oh it will come, I can feel it for you" Madam. Don't jynx me like that.
But when we got home we both felt sick 🤢 So we decided to take a little nap... which turned into the whole afternoon because we were not feeling good.
Of course Saturday morning comes and we're doing just fine. Probably because we took care of ourselves and rested 😌 But of course that means right back at it. We went all around and back again Saturday. Lots of contacts. Nothing gives me perspective like being a missionary. I've never been so grateful for my parents and the quality of life I was able to have because of them. There are levels of poverty that I never could have imagined existing so close to home. It can be hard to feel so helpless in the face of so much need. I try to take solace in the fact that God knows everything and one day He will make it all up to His children.
Sunday was the dedication! That was fun! They did everything double time though, it was pretty funny. We were watching zoom in our chapel with everybody, and my favorite part of the whole dedication was when we started singing a song, but everyone in the chapel was behind the people actually at the temple. It was like an echo, but in a bad we-did-this-on-accident way. I loved it. Apparently I really do thrive on chaos 😈
But yeah. That was my week. Love you guys 😘
Spiritual Thought:
Alma 41:5 "The one raised to happiness according to his desires of happiness, or good according to his desires of good; and the other to evil according to his desires of evil..."
This is a comforting scripture to me because sometimes even our best efforts fall short. But we're in luck! Because what we desire, or the effect we want to have, can be just as important as what we do ❤️ So keep doing your best and desiring good things!
Addresses:
House - 2421 Melton Cir, Live Oak, CA 95953
Mission office - 8583 Watt Avenue, Antelope, CA 95843
Love, love, love,
Sister Aysha May Entrikin
Pictures:
1&2) the price we pay for modesty -> ft my skirt looking like an 1800 gentleman's bloomers because of the clips I have to use to keep my skirt from going all Marilyn Monroe on me
3) Sister Basha posted a picture of us on our bikes on Facebook 💀 I'm famous 😏
4&5) me playing basketball really super duper well, I should go pro
6&7) sick bed 🛌
8) temple 🥳
![]() |
| Gird up your loins |
![]() |
| Sister Basha's Facebook post |
![]() |
| Basketball |
![]() |
| Sick bed |








No comments:
Post a Comment