![]() |
| Comps |
That's Why You're Depressed... Cause You're Possessed
August 7, 2023
Before I forget, let me credit the quote that makes up the title of this email. Credit goes to Sister Maughan, my beloved companion 👏😍 To paraphrase a masterpiece of cinema, it rhymes so it must be true.
It's been a week, so buckle up everybody
Goooood morning 🌄 Sorry for the sub-par performance these last 2 Mondays (letter wise) we'll see if today makes up for it
On Monday I played three epic games of pickleball 😎💪 0 for 3 isn't too bad 😌 We than got stuck at our dinner for 3 hours because they wouldn't stop talking.
On Tuesday we had interviews with our new mission President. That was so much fun! I'm really excited to work with him and his wife for the next 8 months.
Yep, you heard that right, I have been a missionary for 10 months! Apparently that is long enough for my Aunt to have a baby without me even realizing she was pregnant! Congratulations! 🥳🎉 Can't wait to meet my new cousin when I come home 😁
We accidentally sent our dinner the wrong apartment number; apt 323 got a free dinner, so hopefully they enjoyed it. Trusting that they needed it more than we did 😆
After one of our meetings on Wednesday, we found a big roll of Saran Wrap, so we did the only logical thing and Saran wrapped our hands. I felt like a Barbie, haha. We are severely entertainment deprived. Our mission president may have caught us doing that, so hopefully I haven't damaged my reputation beyond repair.
We got to spend more time with Sister Basha and some of the Elders and she was playing us some Christian music. It was nice to listen to something that's not the youth music 😅
On Thursday, our friend, Alex, sent us a text asking if we wanted to try 35 different types of Ramen with him. Apparently he got his paycheck, went to the store, and that was what he decided to spend it on. He also invited his friend to our lesson. When I tell you I would die for this kid 😆 We did get a picture, but he hasn't sent it to us yet, the rascal, so hopefully I can include it in next week's email
And on Friday night, I got my hair cut 😎 It looks hecking cute
Thursday we tracted the most horrendous street. The first door was a 13-year-old child who told us they were "not interested in converting to mormonism" when all we did was invite them to the temple open house. And then when we asked if there was anyone who might need service they told us there "USED to be Mormons on their street." Ok.
Then two houses down opens the door and goes "oh boy" and then made us give our spiel anyway and giggled as we walked away. RIP.
And then comes the worst house I've probably ever had the displeasure of knocking on:
We can tell there are multiple teenage boys in the house 🤢 We knock and can hear them say, "Who is it?" "OH my gosh it's the MORMONS" "They're wearing skirts!" Ay yi yi. Then one of them opened the blinds to stare and make faces at us, so we walked away. As we walk away we can hear him tapping on the glass at us like we're hecking zoo animals 🤬 I remembered I am a servant of the Lord so I just kept walking. I for sure "shook the dust off my feet" though. Then we get about a block away, and who comes down the street behind us?? Those stupid teenage boys. THEY FOLLOWED US. The ringleader (whose idea this definitely was because the others just stood there) starting asking us questions.
Now I've been bashed before, but this was different. This was just straight up mockery. He just kept asking dumb questions, but we answered them because that's our JOB. Or I should say Sister Maughan answered, because it was taking everything in me to not bonk this kid over the head with my Book of Mormon. I wanted to walk away, but God taught me a good lesson, which I've been reflecting over: When I have an opportunity to testify of Jesus, I do it. It doesn't matter if they're mocking, if it seems like they're not listening: I should always testify of Christ. And so I did. He obviously wasn't getting the reaction out of us that he wanted, because he started just swearing every other word. And then he had the AUDACITY to ask for a picture with us. Which we did, so if you see us on the internet, that's why. And then he finally left us alone.
Obviously we were kind of shook up after that. We didn't even want to walk home. Sister Maughan couldn't stop looking over her shoulder. So we just went to the park for a while. Luckily a couple of the Elders were at Winco right across the street from where we were, and we called them because we were unsettled (and on my side pissed off). So they came over and when they got to the park, we were talking to them and the boys drove past!!!! And yelled at us!!!! So the Elders made sure we made it home safely. And that was our big adventure.
Feels a bit surreal at the moment, if we're being honest. I have never been more glad I didn't date in high-school though. And it makes for a good story!
Well, that's all for this week, so I hope you're all doing absolutely wonderful and I adore each and every one of you ❤️ 🥰
Spiritual Thought:
Ether 12:26
"And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness"
Is this a little salty, maybe. However, before my mission I was so afraid to make a fool of myself. But the longer I've been out, the more okay I am with being imperfect and letting people see that. I make mistakes, but so does everybody else. And maybe me being ok with weakness helps someone else feel less alone and more understood. And, if people can't handle my imperfections without mocking, then they're not really people I need around me anyway. So don't be afraid to mess up! It's part offer, and the rebound is what really matters 😌
Stay safe out there y'all!
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin
Pictures
1,2,3) comps 🥰❤️
4) album cover, aka Sister Maughan was trying to get me out of bed after a Sunday nap
5) peep the new hair
6) making the cut ✂️
7) readin the paper
8)Barbie hand
9) the zone
![]() |
![]() |
| Album Cover - Sunday Nap |
![]() |
| New Hair Cut |
![]() |
| Making the Cut |
![]() |
| Reading the Paper |
![]() |
| Barbie hand |
![]() |
| The Zone |









No comments:
Post a Comment