![]() |
| "This thing called genetics" - Lunch with the Elders |
Well.... the week is over!!
February 13, 2023
It's been a bit of a rough week, but still some good things happening! It's funny how life works.
We had a super fun zone activity last Monday! We all brought different fixings to have a hamburger lunch! It was pretty dang good. It was really fun 😁
Then later that day, I was on the phone with my Mom (shout out @Tiffany Entrikin) and two Elders came up to me. They said "Your companion is looking for you. Her face is bleeding" and then dipped 😶 Thank you Elders -_-
Luckily Sister Hebdon is okay! She got hit in the face with a basketball, broke her glasses, cut her nose, and got a minor concussion. But no super bad side affects! We had a physicians assistant from the ward check her out, and she got the a ok to keep doing missionary work. It's healing right along now!
That does mean that we were doing lots of good resting 💪 so a little bit of a slower week. But we're taking care of ourselves! Wohoo!
We also got lunch with our district Tuesday which was fun. Elder Rideout kept telling me about "this thing called genetics" because he's a giant and I keep asking him why he's so tall. He also makes fun of me for being short, but hey! It's just genetics, if ya didn't know.
Because Sister Hebdon has a concussion, I've been driving a bit this week. Not too much because apparently she feels safer driving with a concussion than she does with me at the wheel. 🤷♀️ not much I can say to that. I had a terrible time trying to get gas and our gas card kept canceling, so I had to go to a different gas station, but we had no gas in our car. It was very stressful. Eventually we got it figured out and I did not say one swear word, so I think that was God giving me a chance to see my own personal growth 😌
Of course, Sister Hebdon and I got to practice our communication skills a lot this week because tensions were high, and health was low. But we survived 💪 And we're learning lots of good life skills 💪💪 I'm counting my blessings that, although I will use good communication later on in life, I will not have to be 24/7 around anyone I have a long term relationship with. In case you were wondering, that does make things a little more difficult. But I am happy to report that we still love each other! And we worked through our rough patches! And we are continuing on in unity and faith
But that was pretty much my week! Wow. I know.
Spiritual Thought:
This one comes from a General Conference talk from Oct 2013, "Look Ahead and Believe" by Elder Edward Dube
"In the sight of the Lord, it is not so much what we have done or where we have been but much more where we are willing to go."
This is not to say that the good things we have done in the past don't matter, they do! But it's good to always continue looking forward and remember there is always something more we can do.
We will always have an opportunity to learn and grow and give something more! Our journey here isn't done when we make one sacrifice! We continue to joyfully endure to the end :)
I hope you all are having a good week, even with the ups and downs of life! Stay strong out there 💪
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 🧬
Pictures:
1&2) Lunch 😋 - including the Cooks 🤌 (definitely not using cookie sheets to grill hamburgers because we had no other pans), and THE SPREAD
3) this thing called genetics - We are all outside eating at some tables [lead photo]
4) GRIND DON'T STOP - the Elders were sick and we told them they should rest and they sent us this 😶
5) dog - the Social media Elders sent us this profile picture they found. I want to be as cool as that dog
6) Dad (shout out @Scott Entrikin) sent me this meme and it is me every day of my life, so I thought I'd share
See ya next week 😉✌️
![]() |
| Lunch - the Cooks (definitely not using cookie sheets to grill hamburgers) |
![]() |
| Lunch - the Spread |
![]() |
| From the Elders |
![]() |
| As cool as this dog |
![]() |
| "Me every day of my life" - Sister Entrikin |






No comments:
Post a Comment