![]() |
| The Temple Crew |
I gave in to temptation...
May 15, 2023
We had an awesome day on Tuesday! It started out pretty normal with our district council, but then things started to get fun 😏 We went to lunch with a member, and Sister Saturnino's drink overflowed for some reason, so she had to go get napkins. While she was doing that she talked to one of the workers, and she gave her our number and the info about the Young single adult activities! Super cool 😎 We joked afterward that God sabotaged her drink, so she could talk to Jayce 😁
Now for the story that inspired the title of this email. After lunch we were driving home, and we passed this bookstore. Back story: We have to pass this bookstore everyday on the way home, and everyday I die a little more inside because I can't go in. But today I decided that I'm actually not that strong, so we stopped. It ended up being so good! The lady who runs it, her name's Patty, is sooo sweet. We had a great discussion with her about our missions and about why faith is so important. It was awesome! She also said she might call us when she starts to actually close up because she could use the help. Say no more 😎 AND she said after she closes we can come and get whatever we wanted for free from whatever is left over :O. A woman after my own heart 😌 That was so cool, and now I don't have to be in pain every time I drive home 😁
Wednesday was good, we had a chance to get a car wash because our car is full of grass from all the lawnmowers and weed wackers we keep carting around. It's much nicer now 😌
Then Thursday we had exchanges and I was with Hermana Malan and Hermana Ashby. We did our companion study at a park, and we sat on the swings for a bit. It was a lovely day today 😍 At the end of the day, Sister Saturnino and I went to the Institute building for dinner, and we played a game of pool. I'm sad to announce that it was the worst I've ever played, and I was quite glad that we don't gamble here because I would have lost all my money. I did end up winning at the end, but only by sheer luck in the fact that Sister Saturnino scratched on the 8 ball.
Friday: Another exchange! This time I was with Hermana Malan and Hermana Bennett. I made some banana bread, and I kid you not, this was the prettiest bread I have ever made. So naturally I forgot to take a picture. You'll just have to take my word for it. As we were going out to deliver this banana bread, I realized I had left the keys on the kitchen counter.. and they were now safe behind our locked front door. Hmmm. And everything else (windows, doors) was locked as well because somebody (me) is paranoid and locks everything. A few weeks ago, one of the Elders told us that our back window was super easy to break into (very reassuring; made me feel super safe) So I went to try. Couldn't get it open. So we called him and asked how he did it. Apparently, it was easy to break into because they didn't lock it 🤦♀️ While that did make me feel better about the security of our house, it didn't help the current predicament of being locked out. Then they suggested we use a card to break into our front door. That sounded very fun and exciting so I went to do it. I knew my college ID card would come in handy somehow 😌 And after a bit of finagling, I was in 😎 The serotonin boost of breaking into my own house was a little ridiculous, honestly. It's a good thing I'm too respectable to be a criminal.
After that little adventure we could finally leave. Then we delivered our banana bread. One of the people we delivered it to was someone that I taught 3 months ago. She just popped into my head, so I decided to bring her banana bread. I'm so glad we did! She was having a low day, and we were able to say a prayer with her. It was awesome. It's cool to see myself being used as an instrument in God's hands 🤗
Saturday we were able to go to the temple! That was lovely 😌 We had a fun ride up, it was us, some members and their daughter, and a couple of the Elders. Sister Saturnino entertained us with a dramatic retelling of "Surfs Up!" Which was hilarious; it was like watching the movie all over again 😆 Then of course being in the temple was lovely.
Sunday was pretty typical, lots of meetings planning and social media work. But it was Mother's Day! Happy Mothers day to all the incredible women in my life ❤️💐 I adore you all 🥰
That's it for this week! Some exciting stuff 😆 I hope you all had a wonderful week as well ❤️
I love you all, and I'm so grateful for each one of you!
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin 🌻
Pictures (they're a bit sparse because I'm nor very good at remembering to take pictures 😅)
1&2) The temple crew
3) the Hermanas getting ready to race on the zip-lines at the park
4) waiting for people to answer the phone
![]() |
| The Temple Crew |
![]() |
| Hermanas Ready to Race on Zip Line |
![]() |
| Waiting for People to Answer the Phone |




No comments:
Post a Comment