Sunday, May 14, 2023

Howdy howdy, yall

 

Kimberly


Howdy howdy, yall

May 1, 2023

So this week was pretty busy. I don't remember most of it if I'm being honest, so it's a good thing we schedule out every minute of our day as missionaries.

Sorry I didn't write last week, I was busy sleeping.

They have this thing going on this week called Kool April Nights. It's a car show, so we went to a couple of those on Monday. I thought they looked pretty cool. Everyone kept saying lots of words I never heard before, so needless to say, the cars were pretty cool.

We had zone conference Tuesday. That's basically the all-day meeting 😵 Luckily, I survived to tell the tale. 
We also had a really good lesson with this new family we're teaching! They have 3 cute little kids and we're soooo excited to be meeting with them 😊 The youngest (he's about one and a half) put a toy in Sister Saturnino's bag without us noticing. We found it and were confused the next morning 😆

Wednesday we had another meeting, but then we had lunch as a zone, so that was pretty fun ☺ The Elders decided to play a game that's like shuffleboard, but with trash cans... with people in them. That was pretty entertaining to watch 😌

Then we had a lesson with the 9 year old we're teaching. We taught her the Plan of Salvation, and when we were done, she explained the whole thing back to us! It's so cool to see that the gospel truly is beautifully simple. Heavenly Father wants everyone to be able to understand it.

On Thursday, we went on a 30 minute adventure to neighbors and 3 different stores trying to find a Phillips head screwdriver, but we found one! And then we found mold in our AC unit. Which was the reason we were looking for a screwdriver in the first place, but it was a bit upsetting to have our suspicions confirmed. We were talking to one of our members about how we don't have AC because it's moldy and hazardous to our health, and they said they had an extra window unit! So we have mold-free AC! That's been nice because the temperatures have been in the 90s lately 😰 I am melting. Luckily, it's supposed to rain a bit this coming week.

We had another awesome lesson with our friend Christina this week! It's been so fascinating to meet with her because she grew up in a home where religion was used as a weapon instead of a comfort, so she has a lot of different perspectives about things. It's also really sad. Where I see a loving, merciful Heavenly Father, she sees a vengeful wrathful God. As I've studied for her lessons however, more and more I am just astonished by the immense love that Heavenly Father has for each one of His children. I hope we are helping her to see that. I can feel it in the very fiber of my being, each time we meet with her, how much God just wants her to know that He loves her. It's been very eye-opening experience.

That being said, I hope each one of you also understands that His love is extended to you as well. As impossible as it may sometimes seem, He never ever stops loving you. Nothing you have done, can do, or will do could ever separate you from the love of your Heavenly Father and from the love of your Savior. I hope you never forget that. I hope, even if Christina doesn't take anything else from our lessons, that she remembers that Heavenly Father loves her.

Friday we had a bit of a sad lesson with our friend Barbara. She told us that she wasn't willing to change and she's waiting for the sign and the miracle from God that will get her closer to Him. It was hard seeing her turn away our help so swiftly. It goes right back to the fact that the one thing Heavenly Father wants most in the whole world is for His children to return to Him. Something that Sister Saturnino says a lot is that Heavenly Father will do everything in His power to bring His children home except override our agency, or ability to choose. He wants us to come home so badly, but He will never ever force us. 

Then we had another lesson with Hailey. She is so sweet! I love meeting with her, and that really brought our spirits back up again. 

We went to the young women's dinner/fundraiser for their girl's camp. They were doing a baked goods auction. We had 10 dollars to our name 😎 We were going to do our very best to win ourselves a cake. The first one we had our eye on went for $120 😶  But then one of our members said she would sponsor us, so we got our second option, a chocolate cake. 😎

Then we went home and took a bite out of it. And ate it with forks. Just living our best lives, you know how it is 😌

Saturday was kind of crazy. We had a service in the morning . We were weedwacking. Do you know the song 10 Green and Speckled Frogs? That's how I felt after we were done: green and speckled. Then we had 15 minutes for the both of us to be showered and ready for the baptism 😶 Time management is not our strong-suit. Quickest shower of my life.

Our friend, Kimberly was baptized!! It went so good, even though we were a little stressed 😊 She really enjoyed it. It was awesome!

After that we slept for like 2 hours, and then we had an activity with the YSA Relief Society. We roasted hot dogs and just had a good time together.

Sunday was pretty typical. The new family we're teaching came to church which was awesome!

We had a phone call with someone we met while we were tracting, and it was going really well! And then it hung up in the middle of it 😶 But he called back!! Apparently his phone is just really temperamental. So we kept teaching! And it hung up again, but he called back again! That happened about four more times. Despite the numerous interruptions, it was a really good lesson! Probably one of the best of my whole mission. The Spirit was just so strong 😊

So that was my week!

I hope y'all are doing well! Enjoy the cooler weather for me 😅

Spiritual Thought
Jacob 6:5
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you. And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts.

Just wanted to reiterate the point I made earlier. He loves you. His arm is stretched out; all you have to do is take it.

Love you all! 😘❤

Love Sister Aysha May Entrikin 😍

1) the stowaway 
2) the district 😊
3&4) Kimberly 🥰
5) 🥄
6) chocolate cake


Stowaway

The District

Kimberly

Spoon

Living our best lives with chocolate cake and forks



No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon