![]() |
| Umbrellas in the Snow |
I'm Leaving for California
October 25, 2022
I'm scheduled to leave the MTC for California tomorrow morning. It's kind of crazy. I'm not sure if it's really sunk in yet. My companion is going to Canada, so we won't be traveling together, sadly. I'm going to have to find someone else to latch onto as I navigate the terrors of travel. I do not enjoy traveling alone. So I'm glad that I will be in a group with other missionaries. Hopefully that will lessen my chances of getting lost.
I'm excited to get to California and the warm weather. It snowed here last weekend 😶 I am absolutely not going to miss the snow, haha. I'm excited to get some more rain though! I'm hoping California weather is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. Fingers crossed.
The other Sisters in our district left Monday morning. They had to get up at 3 am! That was fun for everyone, haha. We are all super excited for them though! They're going to do so well in Chicago! In fact, they've already been able to talk to some people and hand out a couple copies of The Book of Mormon. Crazy!
I hope I get a little bit of time to adjust before they chuck me in the deep end 😄 I'm excited to meet my Mission President and my new companion. It'll be interesting to see the transition from the MTC to the field. Everyone keeps saying the field is completely different, so I guess we'll see.
Last Sunday, we had a really good devotional. The topic was about faith in Jesus Christ. I really liked hearing more about the correlation between our faith and the miracles we can see in our lives. There was a big focus on trusting in God and not being afraid. I've been pondering on that a lot. I've been focusing on strengthening my trust in God. I have been responding to my anxious and fearful thoughts with truths about God. I've been repeating "I will trust and not be afraid" like a mantra for the past three days. It's been really comforting. It's important to remember that the Lord is on my side, and I don't have to do this alone. Thank heavens. There's a scripture in Genesis 28:15 that says "And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of"
I love you guys, I hope you will remember that you're not alone and God always has your back! I love hearing from you guys, so keep it up 😆. I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Aysha May Entrikin :)
Pictures (I remembered!):
-Sister Harris and I with our umbrellas in the snow (lead photo)
-Snowy campus
-Picture of the district with one of our teachers
-Sister Flinders drew a picture of Elder Gurney's cat that looks just like Willem Dafoe xD
![]() |
| Snowy campus |
![]() |
| MTC District with teacher |
![]() |
| Elder Gurney's cat by Sister Flinders and Willem Dafoe |




No comments:
Post a Comment