Monday, October 31, 2022

Home MTC

 

Sister Entrikin

First Week in the MTC

October 11, 2022

Well, I survived home MTC! Going back to doing zoom classes for 7 hours a day was definitely not something I was looking forward to, but it wasn't too bad, haha. I actually learned a lot! And my district (the group of missionaries I go to classes with) are all amazing! They are all super nice, and I'm excited to get to see them in person 😊 My companion, Sister Harris is the sweetest person ever! We get along really well, which is a relief. She's going to Canada, so we are going to very opposite climates, haha.


In class we've been learning a lot about teaching, but mostly we've been taught a lot of times that it's ok to not be perfect right now! We are just starting, so not knowing everything is kind of the norm. That's been a good reminder because I'm definitely a perfectionist, so I just try to remember that and not overthink too much :) I'm certainly coming to realize that I can do a lot more than I think I can! When I think things are too overwhelming for me, I still manage to keep going!

At the beginning of the week, we were reading in D&C 4:2, 4 which say, "serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength... For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul" So I wrote "no hesitation" on my mirror in big letters to remind myself to jump in with all my might! I had to read it over and over again some days, but life is all about doing a little better every day!

The real terror now is packing. I leave for the Provo MTC tomorrow, so hopefully everything I need will be in my suitcases by then 😆 I just hope everything fits! 

Hopefully I'll have more to talk about next week. I love y'all ❤️ 

Sister Aysha May Entrikin

P.s. this scripture, among others, has been a great comfort this week.
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"

Aysha on her way to be set apart as Sister Entrikin


Sister Entrikin on her first day of Home MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment

The laaaaaaast melon